BAS Lead (Core Functions)
Your contribution as BAS Lead (Core Functions) will be to all aspects of support, maintenance and sustainability of global applications including its retirements and transition to replacement. The BAS teams work in a shoulder to shoulder model with the Centres of Excellence (CoEs) in the Global Solutions department. They act as a gatekeeper for commonality, standardisation of the solution template as was designed and implemented. To optimize the delivery of application services the BAS Lead will drive active engagement with the users of common solutions, the opco's and global functions.
In this role:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the Enterprise Architecture domain and Global Solutions department and deliver input on application and technology roadmaps, standards, policies and best practices documents
- Create initial service designs ensuring that applications are meeting or exceeding service specifications, e.g. on robustness, scalability, availability, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Qualitatively monitor project quality outputs to ensure they are fit for purpose and fit for use within operational service
- Manage a team of BAS specialist and develop them in a team of Application owners that drive continuous improvement to ensure solutions are fit for purpose (fulfil needs) and fit for use (availability, performance, stability).
- Takes ownership on the full solution lifecycle. Besides focus on fit for purpose there should be a clear drive to improve fit for use by leveraging AMS services such as archiving, central test management, OCC, Documentation, etc.
- Build pro-active partnership with the (Delegated) Functional Owners and Key user Network to enable continuous improvements of business processes and the application templates
- Ensure that all global application services and related technologies underpinning the business operations meet agreed service performance, availability, continuity and security commitments, and is compatible with the blueprint architecture provided by Global Solutions
Your working environment
As BAS Lead (Core Functions) you will report to the Manager Business Applications and your position is based in Amsterdam. The BAS team consists of 17 people. As Bas lead you will have 8 direct reports.
For this role we are looking for someone who takes ownership and has a mindset with a strong customer service orientation.
Also the ideal candidate has:
- A Master's degree
- 8-10 years' experience required in managing a content team within a complex international environment
- People Management experience
- Fluent English language skills
- Broad knowledge base of application lifecycle management practices, knowledge and expertise.
- Tactical insights to translate business demand into effective and efficient delivery of application services
- Demonstrated capability in IT Service Management frameworks and processes
- Demonstrated capability in managing service delivery in a global setting
- Experience in establishing Supply Chain competencies, including related technologies (Demand and Supply Planning, Logistics and Fulfilment, Manufacturing Network Collaboration, CTS etc.)
Do you recognize yourself in the profile above? Then we gladly invite you to apply for his role.