An exciting opportunity has arisen within a multi-billion dollar company with global reach for a talented individual who possesses a blend of competitive intelligence (CI) experience, pharmaceutical knowledge and data science skills. As part of a growing Business Intelligence team, the role holder will be expected to provide computational and data science expertise to primarily support competitive intelligence gathering and insight generation.
- Establishing strong working relationships with the global anlytics team to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand.
- Creation and maintenance of a competitive intelligence databases for each disease area (lung cancer, breast cancer etc). Management of content of CI Portal.
- Conference support - identifying intelligence gaps prior to meeting, managing intelligence consolidation and insight generation post meeting
- Support CI Directors; building search tools/processes for daily monitoring of news flow from public sources: company releases, FDA, clintrials.gov, analyst reports. Support of ad hoc question support, information interpretation and triangulation.
- Work with internal stakeholders and external agencies to develop innovative ways to explore and understand competitor strategies including strategy simulation exercises, workshop design and facilitation
- Developing novel analytics algorithms, visualisations, reports and information dashboards facilitating information and data interpretation.
- Engaging technology, content and BI service vendors to identify new opportunities for improved support. Specifically includes vendor management of 1-2 content suppliers.
- Developing and maintaining Therapy Area knowledge (covering the R&D, regulatory, payer and commercial activities), technical analytics knowledge (e.g. BI reporting and analytics tools) and content awareness and knowledge (e.g. Clinical Trial dbs, Pipeline dbs, etc).
- Undertaking business process analysis, identifying opportunities for process automation; owning the and delivering simplification solutions
- When required, taking on project management activities for small / medium sized analytics projects
- Testing and quality assessment of new tools and products, especially with respect to content, to ensure they are fit for release.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5 years+ data analytics experience, ideally in Pharmaceutical Competitive Intelligence
- Degree or experience in life sciences/pharmaceuticals industry
- Degree or MSc in Computing, Analytics or Data Science preferred
- Knowledge of statistics, predictive data modeling, hypothesis testing and decision support technologies.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for deriving insight from unstructured text.
- Knowledge of business intelligence sources, systems and analytics best practice, for example in competitive, market, financial, commercial and/or portfolio data manipulation and analysis.
- Knowledge of Master Data management and ontology design and best practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills especially influencing others, facilitating meetings and collaborating across organizational boundaries.
- Analytical thinking - ability to process large, complex data sets and identify key information to support business insight
- Experience and a strong understanding of the processes, stages, activities, and major decision points in clinical drug development and commercialisation.
- Individual is up-to-date with relevant knowledge in domain, has a good understanding of the literature and developments relevant to the area of expertise.
- Proactive innovator: history of challenging the status quo with measurable impact on existing processes and/or business insight.
In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- Project delivery and Business Analysis experience
- Influencing and Innovation skills
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English.