Montash is being retained by a FTSE 100 Travel Provider
They're looking for an experienced BI Enterprise Architect to come in and own owns the IT architecture elements of data & BI strategy and acts as internal consultant to the projects and initiatives involved across all our systems.
To shape and manage future technical direction of my client's applications by:
- Developing and communicating data, BI & Central Systems architecture principles, standards, patterns etc. specific to their IT landscape and strategic direction.
- Working with external parties, suppliers and internal members of the IT team and business units to research, define and document actionable data, BI & Central Systems architecture artefacts.
- Work closely with Solution Architects and other senior IT designers to ensure data, BI & Central Systems architecture elements of major relevant projects are appropriately covered (esp. for Business Intelligence & Analytics; Customer Master Data Management; Major major HR & Finance projects).
- Internal and external networking, airline and eCommerce industry events and supplier and consultant briefings to be able to assess industry trends and their application to our organisation.
- Interfacing with staff to build and maintain valuable and productive working relationships and ensure that the technical direction supports short term business needs as well as long term strategy.
- Leading the development and implementation of technical governance policies and practices.
- Acting as Technical Design Authority. Review and assess requests that deviate from the published technical strategies, policies and standards.
- Building and subsequently maintaining capability and technology roadmaps that define how data/BI-centric platforms and working practices are kept up to date providing maximum productivity and cost effectiveness.
- Review, align and prioritise projects so that work is not unnecessarily duplicated and is correctly sequenced against known dependencies.
- Maintaining key enterprise data, BI & Central Systems architecture artefacts (e.g. roadmaps, target states etc.) for each of the major areas of the business showing how we evolve the IT data architecture in place over time as the company grows.
- Communicating and demystifying technology fashions, architectural anti-patterns etc. to different stakeholders of all levels.
Key Skills required:
- Be a business-focussed, creative, innovative pragmatic and positive team player.
- Be confident in presenting technical architecture and strategy to both and IT and business audience.
- A good working knowledge of eCommerce and an understanding of total cost ownership of IT assets and functions
- Have a detailed understanding of key data, BI & Central Systems technologies and techniques. A good appreciation of solution architecture, software and solution delivery practices, IT infrastructure and application architecture.
- Familiarity with patterns, practices and frameworks of Enterprise Architecture.
- Clear experience of defining and delivering BI and Analytics platforms / solutions including semi-structured, unstructured data analytics and support for data science use cases.
- An understanding of how data architecture and integration architecture align and complement one another, across a broad range of integration patterns & approaches.
Please apply now to be considered.