Support the users in all areas of Business Intelligence.
Ensure the Business Intelligence and database services provide timely and accurate information to the business.
- This role works with all levels of corporate services and franchise operations.
- This role works directly with the Business Intelligence team based in Australia
- This role may interact with external vendors for outsourced project solutions.
- This role may interact with third party data providers and data receiver vendors.
- Business/IT tertiary qualifications
- Minimum of 4 years of BI work experience, working with SQL databases, authoring scripts, and collaborating with end users
- This role ensures high quality reports are produced in a timely manner for the Business on a scheduled or ad-hoc basis.
- Working with the Europe Leadership team & Key Business users to support reports/analytics that provide valuable insights into business performance
- Working with the Business Intelligence Team to ensure that reporting solutions function correctly within the enterprise strategy
- Ensuring all Business Intelligence solutions are in line with the Business Intelligence standards
Key Relationships External
- Work with third party vendors to implement and support Business Intelligence solutions within the business as agreed
Skills - Essential
- Attention to Detail
- Strong T-SQL
- Database Modelling
- SQL Server 2008 +
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Customer Analytics
Knowledge and Skills - Good to have
- SSAS Modelling & MDX
- Data warehouse Modelling
Key Results Areas
- Attend to all EU Business Intelligence support requests in a timely manner, and escalate to DPE BI team where required
- Monitor and support all local BI datafeeds (internal & external)
- Develop and maintain periodic and ad-hoc reports at a detailed and analytical level
- Ensure reports/dashboards are accurate and correct
- Write complex SQL queries to assist with customer analytics,
- Maintain existing database scripts for ongoing Business processes
- Provide analysis, innovation and expertise in business intelligence
- Business Intelligence services including reporting Portals, Cube Refreshes, ETL's are operational within agreed service windows and service levels
- Ensure Daily, Weekly and Monthly reports are delivered within agreed service levels
- Run validation of datafeeds to ensure completeness of data coming through
- Ensure BI systems/portals remain operational during business hours
- Ensure Service Desk support calls are promptly responded to and actioned
- Ensure BI support out of hours is provided on best efforts
- Ensure reports are released accurately and on time on a scheduled or ad-hoc basis
- Ensure production processes, data feeds, ETLs function correctly as required by the business
- Ensure correct measures and monitors are in place to ensure consistency of service as defined above
- Ensure reports and supporting structures/products are developed and implemented to meet business and project requirements
- Train end users in the use of business intelligence tools
- Ensure systems are correctly documented to company requirements
- Ensure system performance and capacity are managed appropriately
- Very good command of English, both written and verbal
- Nice to have (one or more of):
- French - preferred