Montash have been engaged by a leading FTSE 100 Company to source a Big Data Solution Architect for an initial 4 month contract.
You will be working on a purchasing programme where the objectives of the 2nd phase are to consolidate all source market data onto a single solution.
You will be working closely with data analysts, who are currently starting to meet with source markets to look at how information is recorded, held,the content, sources and moving forward to a single solution how that may be partitioned for future use and stored within the data lake. The data stored can be anything from pricing, to margins, to purchasing data ect.
You will the architect producing a data lake for future reporting to assist the business in spotting future opportunities
- Experience of End to end Big Data oriented projects - inception to go-live
- Proven experience as Senior Solution Architect for large scale Analytics, Insight, Decisioning and Reporting solutions, based on Big Data technology
- In depth knowledge of Hadoop technology ecosystem - HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hbase, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Oozie, SPARK, Avro, Parquet
- In depth knowledge of AWS Big Data / Analytics services - S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift, QuickSight, Kinesis
- Solid knowledge in cloud infrastructure sizing and capacity planning
- Experience in architectures for converged analytics and operational Big Data platform solutions
- In depth knowledge of data integration pattern and relevant technologies
- Understanding of traditional EDW concepts and solutions
- In depth knowledge and experience in IaaS/PaaS solutions (e.g. AWS Infrastructure hosting and managed services)
- Experience in Architecture scoping and build cost estimation
- Understanding of Data Science concepts e.g. Machine Learning, predictive models, recommendations systems.
- Understanding of Data and Information Security core concepts, principles and best practices
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
- Ability to translate and document complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership to a group of engineers and developers
- Effectively interact with product managers and other organisational units such as Testing and Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective collaborator to facilitate joint understanding of the outcomes of technology change and eliciting clear statements of requirements; be able to work with ambiguity and being able to solicit key information from project team members; demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and take on board a significant scale of technical and industry knowledge in a short period of time; and have consultative approach to work and able to give and receive constructive fact based criticism where necessary