Big Data Project Manager required. A Big Data Project Manager is required by one of Montash's clients, who are a recognised name in the retail world, based in Fareham on an initial three month contract.
The Big Data Project Manager will be managing a project of setting up new Technical Infrastructure Based Platforms within an Azure Environment, and looking at the Data Integration of core business systems. The Big Data Project Manager will be required to engage with various areas of the business including customer facing and technical teams, so highly versatile communication skills are crucial for this role.
The Big Data Project Manager will have experience of working within similar projects as the above is completely essential for this role, along with having had exposure to Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytic projects, and experience using a variety of tools and script base to generate data within data warehousing. Experience with Hadoop Based Platform will also be highly beneficial for this role.
The Big Data Project Manager will have exposure to some of the following deliveries; Hadoop, MapR, Cloudera or Horton works, Tableau, R, Oracle Siebel and big data ingestion approaches.
The Big Data Project Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven Management of IT Project focused delivery at a senior level, experience within a corporate environment with a strong personal presence
- Ability to build and manage technical teams with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivery, outcome focused in technology arenas
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills; you will work with a range of internal technical teams to identify solutions, design and deliver giving project updates to senior stakeholders.
- A confident and clear communicator at all levels of the organisation both written and verbally
- Able to influence and negotiate to achieve required outcomes
- Financially astute, achievement driven with good planning and organisational skills
- Demonstrate experience of building data capabilities in an organisation
- Hands on project management experience with a personal toolkit to create, innovate and drive delivery of complex IT solutions in the Data Arena
- Operated in and around a data orientated architecture and systems
- Delivery of infrastructure, software, data, and systems integration solutions on tight timescales
- Project management qualification desired but demonstrable experience required
- Exposure to a data driven enterprise, big data platforms, concepts and technologies (Hadoop, Data warehouses etc.)
If you are a good fit then please apply immediately.