Montash have been engsged by a Global FTSE 100 Client to source a Big Data Solution Architect to work on a large scale data analytics project. This is a Greenfield Yield Analytics System.
Your role will be to define technology solutions for business requirements in alignment with the organisatons enterprise architecture.
You will be part of the team to deliver the architecture design for agreenfield analytics service. You will ensure that the appropriate project/product technical options are considered and recommended approaches have appropriste cost and complexity to the problem set. You will also manage the technical issues and risks to make sure they are resolved.
As Big Data Architect you will also be the central point of contact on project architecture matters, liaising with all stakeholders, from business leads to technical infrastructure teams, data, integration, security, service introduction and solution designers, both locally and with Group teams.
You will have practical experience of:
- Architecting solutions throughout the entire development lifecycle from inception to operation.
- Architecting greenfield solutions
- Architecting large scale analytical data processing solutions. Candidates with experience of analytical processing solutions for yield optimisation or similar are preferred.
- Architecting solutions using one or many of the following technologies. Candidates with experience of one or more of these technologies are preferable.
- Big Data Platforms (Hadoop, Spark, Impala, Hive, MESOS, HBase, Cassandra, Kaftka)
- Analytics (SQL, Graph, Predictive) and Machine Learning - SQL, R, MLib, Tensor flow, Mahout, GraphX, Analytics Notebooks.
- Reporting and analytical data visualisation technologies - SAP Business Objects, Tableau, QlickView or similar.
- Enterprise data warehouses (Exadata, RedShift)
- Amazon Web Services - Elastic Map Reduce, Kinesis (firehose, Analytics, Streams), RedShift, Spice, QuickSight.
- Working with and understanding requirements captured from data scientists and management information analyst audiences.
- Stakeholder management for multiple geographically distributed architect stakeholders
- Working with highly technical staff and outsourced teams, working on multiple projects towards a common end goal throughout the development lifecycle.
- Translating and documenting complex architectural issues to non-technical staff within the business.
- Delivering solutions for travel and hospitality, retail sector or similar environment.
- Experience of defining solution architecture for an agile development organisation
- Experience of working within structured architecture processes and governance.
- An architectural notation framework for requirements definition and for systems design preferably TOGAF and UML.
big data solution architect / big data / analytics / big data analytics / greenfield / solutio architect / TOGAF / UML / data warehouse / amazon / aws / amazon web services / agile / big data / hadoop / spark / exadata / data processing