Big Data Solution Architect - London - 3 Month Contract
Montash have been engaged by a leading Investment bank, who require a Big Data Solution Architect for a 3-month contract based in London.
The Big Data Solution Architect's primary focus of the role is to manage the solution architecture of the CIB Big Data platform and projects that leverage it. The role will involve working closely with the other Data SSC Solution Architects and development teams onshore and offshore to drive the delivery of the target solution architecture.
- Definition of technical strategy for data analytics within the SSC and also for the CIB Data Hub
- Working with SSC management globally on alignment to overall CIB strategy for SSC
- Definition of data analytics solutions used to deliver IT and business projects
- Reporting and presenting to architecture committees as required
- Define and deliver a roadmap to evolve the architecture of the SSC and CIB Data Hub
Key skills for the Big Data Solution Architect:
- 12+ years' experience in IT, at least 6 with BI and data systems
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (Hive, Drill, HBase, HDFS …) and Hadoop distributions, in particular MapR
- Development in agile mode (Scrum)
- Linux OS knowledge
- Management of Hadoop cluster, with all included services
- Experience with Spark development.
If you are actively looking for a new role please call me on 0207 014 0239 or email me on Ashleya@montash.com