SQL Analyst - Oracle - Billing Systems - London
SQL Analyst - Oracle - Billing Systems - London required to work in a busy, professional environment for a large organisation on a permanent basis.
Montash are retained to work with one of the UK's leading companies who are looking for an enthusiastic SQL Analyst ideally with Oracle experience and experience working within a telecoms billing system.
Salary Range = £28,000 - £32,000
Tasks they will be completing will include:
- Testing (not S/W testing, more system testing, setting reference data such as pricing packages, terminal types etc.),
- Transactions processing and generally figuring out if the functionality meets the business needs.
- Working on several on-going projects in addition to the go live including business transformation and doing a pre-paid migration.
- Good working knowledge of SQL, preferable in an Oracle environment. Full training will be provided if necessary.
- University degree, probably business or IT-related
- Good standard of written English; ability to prepare concise written summaries when required.
- Good standard of numeracy and an aptitude for working with structured data in an analytic way.
- Reasonable working knowledge of standard office automation software: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with the other members of the billing team, with other Inmarsat staff, and with external contacts as required.
- Ability to quickly absorb new learning experiences and to deploy new knowledge quickly and effectively.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Reasonable understanding or appreciation of high-transaction volume business systems.
- Experience in a similar role in a mobile/telecommunications operator.
- Experience of system analysis or testing.
This role would suit an up and coming analyst with a small amount of experience, comes from an IT/Finance background that is looking to learn and grow their skill set in an ambitious environment with plenty of opportunity.