Montash have been engaged by a Leading Travel Company to source a Business Analyst (Ideally with Yield Management/Revenue Management experience) for an initial 1 - 3 month contract with a chance of extension.
The Project is working on moving the client's Yield Management platform into the cloud, with consideration given to how products are priced accurately depending on seasons, customer demand ect.
The ideal candidate will be able to take requirements and interact with technical stakeholders from a complex financial modelling and mathematical functions point of view.
Duties: Supporting the business case
- Gathering user requirements
- Writing high level requirement specifications
- Producing user stories
- Requirements tracability matrix to support integration into solutions architecture
- Engage with users and key Stakeholders
- Structured way of working (not necessarily Agile)
- Yield or revenue management experience
- Logical and structured approach
- Able to understand the complexity of Reservations or travel related background in order to have gravitas, influence and engage
- Strong business logic ie able to make the complexity of the system simple for users to interact with from a business modelling perspective - ie for example to enable users to be able to produce their own pricing modelling rather than relying on It to run so in this case Tui need someone with the ability to influence the parameters that determine pricing.
- BI / data related background
- Relevant - Financial modelling type background
Challenges: Capturing the complexity and thinking in an abstract manner as well as describing requirements at a level that can be understood by the wider audience.
Stakeholders: Head of Commercial Architecture, Head of commercial Analytics, IT Community, Solutions and Domain Architects.
business analyst / travel / hospitality / yield management / revenue / price modelling / analyst / ba / agile/ waterfall / business intelligence / data / financial modelling /