Business Application Support Analyst
Montash are currently retained by a FSTE 250 UK bank who are looking for a Senior Business Application Support Analyst to join their growing team. This new exciting opportunity is open to an enthusiastic and energetic individual with a passion for helping others.
Working within a small team the role is very much hands-on and requires an individual who is prepared to apply themselves across the broad spectrum of responsibilities that the role entails, involving multiple systems and ranging from critical tasks to mundane and low-skill tasks that nevertheless are essential to the smooth running of the systems. The role holder should have a good level of understanding of the systems and processes supported and to be able to understand and address issues appropriately.
Key to the role is building a strong working relationship with the business themselves and also with the software vendors and other support services involved, (both internal and external). The Business Application Support team work hard to remain approachable, flexible and act as facilitators of change whilst also ensuring that the necessary governance and controls are maintained in the process.
Role and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the support, configuration and maintenance of business applications.
- Being a product, application and process expert who will be a point of reference for both business as usual and new projects.
- Responsible for configuring and / or reviewing new and existing products and processes.
- You will at times be expected to support applications and processes that are initially new to you. As such you must have a flexible and positive attitude and the ability to quickly gain a good level of understanding such that you can support them to the same high standard as those you are already familiar with.
- Responsible for investigating any issues reported. Being a point of escalation for issues which are complex and difficult to diagnose or resolve. As appropriate, you will either resolve the issue yourself, advise the business how to resolve it, or refer / escalate the issue to the appropriate service provider with sufficient detail to allow them to replicate / diagnose the problem. Often you will be expected to liaise with the service provider to reach a solution which you will then review and reconcile to ensure that it is appropriate.
- You are expected to be pro-active and to develop systems / processes to prevent incidents from occurring and to identify them as soon as they do occur. Similarly you are expected to consider the root cause of an incident and address as appropriate - not just fix the specific incident or symptoms reported.
- Where required you will provide assistance and input to projects and new developments.
- Where you are involved with software testing you would ensure that your testing is prioritised, structured, documented and with clear exit criteria.
- Responsible for the processes within your remit ensuring that they meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements and deadlines.
- Ensuring the internal IT governance is kept to a high standard. This includes incident/problem management, user access control, change control, release management, service management, records maintenance etc.
- Building a close and productive working relationship with the business areas supported ensuring that they experience a high standard of service.
- Liaising closely with the business, vendors, service providers and IT colleagues to ensure the smooth running of the systems and related projects.
- Develop, use and maintain SQL-based reports eg for fault diagnosis and investigation, exception reports, audits etc.
- As required you will be an out-of-hours contact for significant issues with the systems that you support
- As part of a small team you may at times be asked to assist with any of the supported systems.
- Configuration and support of business applications.
- Good knowledge of supported products and regulations
- SQL / report authoring skills.
- Incident / problem investigation and diagnosis.
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word, Power-Point)
- Quality assurance / software testing
- Customer service / servicedesk
- Knowledge of DPA, TCF.
- The following are dependent upon the specific responsibilities you are assigned within BAS:
- Infor SunSystems & Vision/Q&A
- Advanced Excel
- Database (SQL Server)
- IT Support eg Helpdesk / Server / Infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience of banking / business / financial products and processes.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and configuring these applications.
- Experience of working within a regulated organization such as a Bank.
- Experience of payment processing (eg bacs / faster payments).
- Experience of change management.
- Experience of responsibility for critical processes and tasks and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of configuring web portal pages / products
If this opportunity is of interest to you or if you have any questions about the role please contact Ellie White on ANDREEAA@MONTASH.COM or call 0207 014 0230.