Senior Transformation Project Manager - Retail - €85,000 + Benefits - Amsterdam
The Central Merchandising Project Team is the heart of this end-to-end transformation of how our client operates. This strategic initiative deploys best in class process changes, data insights, predictive analytics and an all hands approach towards putting our consumers at the center of everything we do. This means taking a holistic approach to meet the consumer expectations by decreasing our time to market, improving the assortment structure, and increasing our partner collaboration while simultaneously yielding higher quality product, better strategy integration and an authentic engagement with all involved parties. At its core, our client's roadmap is defined by a smarter, shorter, development calendar.
This multi-year transformation is still in its beginning and we are looking for someone eager to develop in the team and drive the transformation over the next years.
Position Description and responsibilities:
The Central Merchandising Project Manager / Sr. Project Manager is responsible for the planning, executing, and evaluating of project initiatives. Problem solving, supporting the Initiative Owner, facilitating meetings and ensuring quality control are essential elements of this role.
- Owns the planning, execution and controlling of multiple strategic projects with strong analytical focus and understanding of consumer-centric strategies
- Drives the problem-solving process: frames problems, guides analytical modeling, and through analysis provides insights into solutions
- Act as a coach for senior leaders and stakeholders in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor
- Acts as a contact person to the entire organization for project related tasks and various issues
- Is looking for true ownership of success and/or failures. Willing to pin professional success to the outcome of initiatives and not shying away from responsibility
- Effectively manages the change driven by the project and is capable of steering the business in a new direction
- Can coach other team members
- Understands and shows passion for the retail market in terms of consumer behavior, competitor and industry developments
- University degree from a leading business school/university
- 5+/7+ years' experience in project management, change management and project planning, preferably in a strategy consulting company or an equivalent position in fashion, and/or retail environment
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred; 2 years' additional experience in lieu of an advanced degree
- Affinity with technology, data enablement, digital transformation and the human interaction that is central to their success.
- Experience working for a Fortune 500/multinational company or multi-national consulting firm is preferred
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally, including with senior leadership
- Project management, problem structuring, and strategic problem solving skills - Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strategic vision and creative thinking: - Ability to look beyond existing paradigms, and change the organization according to new business concepts
- Understands the complexity of a matrix organization, capable of operating within one
- Effective communicator and influencer. Comfortable presenting in front of senior leadership audiences. Facilitates workshops and resolves possible conflict
- Ability to work in multi-cultural & multi-lingual environment
- Hands-on mentality and pragmatic approach with strong collaboration attitude and team play
- Ambitious, motivated to go the extra mile and able to perform in a demanding work environment.
- Advanced level proficiency with MS PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluent written and spoken English is required
- High standard of ethics, integrity and confidentiality
Other desired skills/abilities:
- Supply Chain Optimization or Process Engineering
- Strong personality, inspirational, convincing
If you would like ot be considered for htis position, please get in touch!