Job Title: BI Analyst - Finance
Salary: Exceptional package in excess of £80k
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a multi-billion dollar company with global reach. As part of the expanding Business Intelligence team you will play a key role in supporting the Group Finance function in analytics. Given this is a nascent capability, you will be integral to shaping the future of this capability and will be supporting the articulation of a vision and strategy for Financial Analytics.
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual who possesses a blend of analytics experience, computational science skills and corporate finance experience. Queries will range from simple KPI queries involving a single source of data to complex predictive trend analysis over heterogeneous data sources.
- Establishing strong working relationships with the Finance (especially GFS) & Compliance teams to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities and early insight into changing needs in order to inform and shape demand.
- Developing a robust understanding of the AZ ERP and financial data, in particular the data provenance, quality and structure.
- Support business exploitation of the nascent AZ ERP 'Data Lake': identification of business priorities, developing relevant & efficient analytics strategies (data sources, queries, algorithm design), quality checking and delivering the output into a BI tool for consumption by end user (s). Analytics scope is to be established but will include support of financial KPI metrics (e.g. expense claims per dept), Anti Bribery and Corruption analytics, regulatory compliance reporting and pricing analysis.
- Documentation / codification of analytics strategies thus building up a body of knowledge on how to exploit the AZ ERP 'Data Lake'
- Working with F&GPPSIT Architecture and Leadership, along with Finance, to develop AZ Financial Analytics strategy and roadmap.
- When required flex skills to support broader F&GPPSIT analytics needs, especially wrt financial planning and reporting analytics, brand performance analytics, competitive intelligence and portfolio analytics.
- Working with suppliers to augment the AZ capability in financial analytics
- Engaging technology vendors to identify new opportunities for improved support.
- When required, taking on project management activities for small / medium sized analytics projects
- Undertaking business analysis and business process analysis as part of solution design process
- Testing and quality assessment of new tools and products.
- Supporting the overall F&GPPSIT Analytics capability development including staff recruitment, strategy development, technology adoption, training provision, etc.
- Developing, maintaining and applying ongoing knowledge and awareness in trends, best practice and breaking science in analytics and data science
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 5 years+ data analytics experience, ideally in Finance
- Degree or MSc in Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science or Computing
- Experience of corporate financial data and processes
- Knowledge of statistics, predictive data modeling, hypothesis testing and decision support technologies (SAS, R, Matlab)
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for deriving knowledge from unstructured text (text mining)
- Sufficient knowledge of the domain to enable the individual to act independently to work with relevant data sources, systems and tools to solve problems and derive knowledge to enable project progression
- Individual is up-to-date with relevant knowledge in domain, has a good understanding of the literature and developments relevant to the area of expertise.
In addition, candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- Project delivery and Business Analysis experience
- Influencing and Innovation skills
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- Good written and verbal skills, fluent English.