Business Intelligence Consultant
£40,000 - 45,000 +
An opportunity has arisen with a leading luxury and sport car maufacturer for a Business Intellginece consultant.
You would be responsible for maintaining the BI strategy, framework and tools enabling the company to understand its end to end performance. You would be tasked with providing the business with all the necessary data and information to support daily operations as well as to make informed decisions on strategic topics, playing a key business role.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Plan and implement the overall analytics and business intelligence strategy ensuring the company has the necessary data and information to support daily operations and strategic planning.
- Drive formulation of strategic IT tool selection to support BI/ Analytics strategy.
- Design recommended portfolio of BI projects and produce Business Cases.
- Educate, challenge and influence senior stakeholders and ensure Business buy in BI initiatives.
- Lead the design and development of analytical projects, covering a wide range from manufacturing to luxury car retail business.
- Consult with internal customers to understand and gather requirements to develop reporting and KPI dashboards.
- Identify opportunities to develop forecasts, statistical models, data driven analysis to support the business: Gaydon HQ, Regional Teams and Dealers.
- Provide a stable and highly available reporting platform.
- Work with business owners to identify information needs to support reporting requirements.
- Work cross-functionally to proactively and systematically identify and implement enhancements to current reporting.
- Oversee all aspects of analytics and business intelligence projects.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years minimum experience in Business Intelligence
- 5+ years minimum experience in manufacturing, logistics and/ or luxury retail industry (Automotive ideal)
- Degree educated.
- Extensive experience of developing end to end reporting and business intelligence solutions across a wide range of business areas, including but not limited to finance, accounts, CRM, manufacturing and quality.
- Expertise in extracting and combining data from various platforms to build high quality, interactive and automated reporting to the stakeholders.
- Experience in defining BI strategy, managing portfolio and delivering projects
- ZAP, Cognos and SSRS
- Basic understanding of SQL and T-SQL
- Basic understanding of MS AX Accounting
- MS Office Tools (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritise work, multi-task across many assignments.
- The proven ability to manage key stakeholder interests in an ambivalent culture while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests.
- Ability to present to senior management
- Communication skills - strong verbal and written communication skills are required for the preparation, presentation and dissemination of the BI Framework.
- Strong leader when delivering projects and a team player who contributes to overall achievement of the goal and supports peers in their endeavours.
- Positive, people-orientated. Pragmatic approach, hands on and can do attitude.
- Strong business acumen, commercially astute.
- Highly analytical, creative, innovative approach to solving issues.
- A global perspective with the ability to understand and work effectively in a culturally diverse organization.
If this opportunity is of interest please get in touch. Email Barty Isola at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02070140230