Business Intelligence Senior Developer
Up to £60,000 + 20% Bonus + Pension + Share Scheme + Industry Discounts + Flexible Benefits
An opportunity has presented itself in one of the UK's largest airlines. As the fourth largest airline in Europe and the tenth largest in the world, this is one of the biggest success stories in modern aviation. Currently my client is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join their industry-leading IT team.
The IT team plans, builds and runs over 125 different business services, and has been instrumental in making the organisation one of the most operationally efficient airlines in the world. As the senior BI Developer you will develop, support and maintain key systems within the domain to ensure the company maintains its market leading presence.
- Providing support, guidance and leadership to the development team in its work.
- Deliver the best cost-effective BI solutions to support the development agenda. Supporting the software delivery life cycle from development, through UAT, cutover and into post implementation support.
- Provide technical leadership and support within development teams, including mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Develop solutions to aggregate data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse and designing enterprise-level solutions for large multidimensional databases.
- Deliver high quality and cost effective BI solutions across IT in line with standards and best practices. Assist in driving requirements with end users and documenting process flows.
- Lead a culture of quality within the development community through peer code reviews and adherence to agreed development standards.
- Lead the culture within teams to ensure deliverables are well documented, re-usable, tested and operate to agreed non-functional criteria (e.g. performance)
- Work closely with the relevant architectural teams to ensure technical governance and standards are applied across all development work.
- Assisting with incident and problem management activity
- Responsible for assessing the integrity of analysis undertaken to develop and support systems and recommend the most appropriate approaches.
- Working with onshore and nearshore development teams as required, including occasional travel. Co-ordination of off-shore project development and support tasks as required.
- Help select appropriate tools to extend the BI platform's ability to deliver business value.
- Ensure compliance with the SDLC including architectural and security standards. Embrace Agile practices including participation in Sprint planning and retrospectives
- Ensure early identification of risks, issues and dependencies and prompt escalation as required.
- Keep up to date with knowledge of innovation in the IT industry that could be beneficial to the BI strategy.
- Develop good relationships with key business owners and other teams, notably development, testing, architecture and service delivery / operations
This is an organisation that recognises that people are at the heart of its success and want to share it with them. Great travel benefits are just the start. As well as heavily reduced flights and a free premium card, you'll enjoy discounted holidays, car hire and hotels. Plus, as a Senior Developer, you can also look forward to a vibrant, fast paced and forward thinking environment.
If this opportunity is of interest pleas get in touch. Sed your CV to email@example.com or call Barty Isola on 02070140230