Montash have been engaged by a Leading Travel Retailer to source a Business Improvement Consultant for an initial 4 month contract based in the Luton area. **PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ROLE REQUIRES EXPERIENCE IN THE RETAIL OR TRAVEL SECTOR AND THEY CANNOT CONSIDER CANDIDATES WITHOUT THIS EXPERIENCE**
The Project willl involve reporting to the General Manager of Business Improvement and working on process re-engineering and design activity to align the client's processes with upcoming Legislative changes which need to be in place by July 1st. These legislative changes revolve around Package Travel Directives and internal process change.
The "as is" has already been mapped and you will be responsible for driving forward the " to be" definition stage. The correct candidate will learn rapidly, build effective relationships & demonstrate tenacity and flexibility in their approach
- Engaging with Business Leads and the Project Sponsor to evaluate and agree the scope of work, resource commitment required and timeframes
- Planning, co-ordinating and managing process change activity, ensuring that a detailed plan is available to support reporting and communication activities such as Project Steering Committees
- Organising and leading the facilitation of workshops to nurture a collaborative working practice that focuses on end-to-end process understanding, whilst adhering to tight compliance deadlines
- Designing and documenting new ways of working using a collaborative approach. Gain approval and signoff from all accountable stakeholders
- Ensuring stakeholders of all levels receive relevant progress updates
- Review business requirements, to ensure alignment to agreed processes
- Evaluate, produce and communicate process risk and control documentation (COSO RCM/ FMEA) as required
- Plan and support implementation through the relevant Business Lead, ensuring that changes can be sustained beyond the compliance deadline
Culture: Operational compliance is your focus for this project, but you will also show advocacy for process improvement as is expected of all Business Improvement personnel. You will encourage a culture of continuous improvement and end-to-end thinking.
Stakeholder Management: You will quickly establish and maintain collaborative business relationships to ensure successful delivery to project deadlines. You will be able to "slot in" to an established project team, adapting your style to suit your stakeholders as required.
- Strong team player with the ability to challenge, provide leadership and effectively coach others
- An expert facilitator and coach, able to create the conditions needed for open and honest collaboration, balancing this with the need for expediency
- An articulate & engaging communicator
- Strong relationship and networking skills, able to effectively influence a wide range of stakeholders up to senior leadership level
- Experience of process risk evaluation tools including COSO RCMs and Lean FMEAs
- Lean Six Sigma qualification to minimum Green Belt level will be highly advantageous
- Process mapping experience with either BPMN or similar. MS Visio proficient