The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is the IT organization's advocate and communicator with the business units. Guiding the several teams in effectively utilizing IT to accomplish their goals. This role will require leadership; working with stakeholders at all levels to make sure that their teams' needs and requirements are met through articulation of their strategy translated into a roadmap and acting as an advocate for their enhancements.
The successful applicant will take ideas from each of the assigned areas and lead them through to business case and approval for funding, through this process you will need to engage appropriate IT, Business and External resources to capture scope, costs and solutions which can then be presented to senior leadership in a succinct manner. Alongside owning the ideation to project process the candidate will be the point contact for IT escalations, access to other IT resources such as the continuous improvement team and regular engagement with the stakeholders.
- Bring forward cost reduction, revenue generation, and service improvement programs
- Counsel Stakeholders on ISIT organization on industry best practices
- Provide input to the business strategic plan and implementation roadmap of IT enablers
- Advise on options, risks, costs/benefits, and impact on business processes and system priorities
- After training the ability to prepare complete project proposals, including business cases containing requirements, benefits, costs / efforts, resources, etc.
- Design and oversee effective solution design and development alongside our Architecture and innovations teams
- Act as the IS/IT member of the Steering Committee for projects presented and approved
- Identify ways to apply technology (new and existing) to the business enabling efficiency improvements or alignment to strategic goals.
- Act as a champion for the business within IS/IT, representing the needs and interests of the business at Executive Change Board, budget reviews, work / project prioritization, etc.
- Act as the advocate of IS/IT within the business, ensuring understanding and acceptance of IS/IT processes by the business and full alignment of the functions.
- Appropriate escalation to Director ISIT Strategy & Architecture if needed.
- Assisting other Business Relationship Managers with larger programs of work, this will include being assigned parts of the business case or pre-project work to deliver back to the BRM.
- Responsibility includes all systems (Sales, Marketing, manufacturing and Customer Service teams) locations and users Support to BRM BI & ICD.
- Up to 30% travel (domestic and international)
- Alignment with business strategy and quality of communications with business functions
- Project presented at the IT Portfolio Review with approvals
- Delivery of projects with tangible and intangible benefits clearly documented and delivered
- Accuracy and completeness of scope, budget, resource needs; effective management of scope and budget
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Understanding of business process management, methods and tools
- Excellent communication, and facilitation skills
- Understanding of corporate finance systems and processes
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business, Engineering, or a similar discipline
- Accountancy accreditation would be beneficial
- SAP certification is beneficial
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Business experience in one or all of the business capabilities - Sales, Marketing, contracting, manufacturing.
- Experience working in a large, multi-cultural, global organization
- Demonstrable experience working with senior leaders in the organization, as well external partners (IS/IT vendors) in process improvement projects
- Proven track record of working in an ISIT team, partnering with the business, to deliver commercial IT solutions which are fit for purpose
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE
- Analytical and methodical problem solver
- Ability to initiate ideas and articulate technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience implementing SAP ECC Sales Order Management
- Exposure to SAP CRM, HCM, BW, ESS/MSS, Bobj and Lumira is advantageous
- Fluent in English (other spoken languages are advantageous)