C# Developer - VB.Net - Financial Services - SQL Server - XML - ASP.Net - Reporting - Romford
C# Developer - VB.Net - Financial Services - SQL Server - XML - ASP.Net - Reporting - Romford required to work in a busy, professional environment for a large organisation on a permanent basis.
Montash are retained to work with one of the UK's leading companies who are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious C# Developer to join a growing team.
Salary Range = £40,000 - £45,000 per Annum + Benefits.
- To be a member of the Development Team in the design and delivery of high quality systems, processes, and deliverables
- Supporting effective and appropriate maintenance of existing systems
- Working on a project-by-project basis, developing IT solutions across a range of systems and applications as designated.
Tasks they will be completing will include:
- Keep up to date with new technologies and industry standards, seek self-development and opportunities to progress, learn new skills and maintain high quality work.
- Proficient in data analysis, defect identification and resolutions.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Contribute to the continuous development of the team.
- Display great team spirit & loyalty towards colleagues whilst maintaining a high performance level.
- Contribute to the success and on-going growth of the company.
- Identifies and investigates data quality/integrity problems, determines impact and provides solutions to problems.
- Must have built or played a major part in the initial design and development of multi-user systems using the above skills/knowledge
- Must have solid working knowledge of both thin and fat client multiuser systems
(approx. 50 users+).
- Must know and regularly use all steps of the software development life cycle (especially technical specification / code writing / testing).
- Experience in object-oriented designed systems preferred.
- Experience of liaising directly with users (both written and verbal) required.
- Knowledge of TCF
- Broad knowledge of financial processes / mortgage processing would be an advantage
- VB.Net /SQL Server 2005-2008 / Stored Procedures/Triggers/ Functions are essential.
- Object oriented design experience required.
- Relational database design and administration (including data normalisation) essential.
- XML, SOAP, web / windows services.
- Web application development using ASP.Net
- Reporting tools (i.e. Crystal Report/Active Reports/SSRS/SSIS)
- Adaptable & Flexible.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Accuracy & attention to detail.
- Professional, well presented.
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels.
- Customer-focused approach.
- Sense of humour.
- Good awareness of own strengths, weaknesses, and future aspirations
- Enthusiasm for position/company as a whole. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Presents a professional/business like image, credible.