C# .Net Developer - Brentwood - Permanent - 40k
My client is looking for a C# .Net developer to work in their internal development team initially on a savings platform. Technologies include WPF, WCF, MVC, the candidate should have good SQL knowledge and they are looking for someone who is eager to work and learn across the full stack from servers to GUI. You should be someone who finds the business challenge almost as interesting as the technical challenge.
Candidate should ideally have experience with Visual Studio 2012/2013/2015, SSRS and JIRA. You should have at least two years commercial development experience with FS preferred but not essential
Perform all aspects of the software development life cycle on the various in-house mortgage processing system components/applications.
Provide user support in relation to the above.
The majority of the role will centred around the IT department.
Will have contact with other departments through the software development process and user support functions.
- Create design specifications for system amendments / enhancements
- Create technical specifications for system amendments / enhancements
- Code system amendments / enhancements as per specifications (modules / user interface / reports /webservices / windows services)
- Test system amendments / enhancements made by self and others
- Documenting of system amendments / enhancements
- Complete user support requests (includes liaising with users)
- Fault finding / problem solving in all applications including fixing / testing
- Ad-hoc reporting and data extraction
- Database design / administration in relation to system amendments / enhancements
- Periodical review and enhancement of departmental software development processes
- Responsible for their own safety and that of others (all staff must familiarise themselves with Health & Safety policy).
- Qualification in Mathematics/Computing or science related subject at A-level or equivalent essential.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
Experience (type & level)
- Must have built or played a major part in the initial design and development of multi-user systems using the above skills/knowledge
- Must have solid working knowledge of both thin and fat client multiuser systems
(approx. 50 users+).
- Must know and regularly use all steps of the software development life cycle (especially technical specification / code writing / testing).
- Experience in object-oriented designed systems preferred.
- Experience of liaising directly with users (both written and verbal) required.
Technical/Specialist Knowledge & Skills :
- Knowledge of TCF
- Broad knowledge of financial processes / mortgage processing would be an advantage
- VB.Net /SQL Server 2005-2008 / Stored Procedures/Triggers/ Functions are essential.
- Object oriented design experience required.
- Relational database design and administration (including data normalisation) essential.
- XML, SOAP, web / windows services.
- Web application development using ASP.Net
- Reporting tools (i.e. Crystal Report/Active Reports/SSRS/SSIS)
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as work under minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer-focused approach
- Sense of humour
- Good awareness of own strengths, weaknesses, and future aspirations
- Enthusiasm for position/company as a whole. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Presents a professional/business like image, credible
- Permanent/37.5 hour week
- Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Must have clean or near clean driving licence.
- Work flexible hours to ensure no systems maintenance or upgrades are performed during core business hours 08:00 - 20:00
- Able to travel to client sites throughout UK including Glasgow, Dorking, Wisbech, West Mailing, Hounslow, and Commercial First sites in Skipton.