Montash is looking for QC's and Chief QC's to take part in a 3 year project in Saudi Arabia
The Seismic QC's should have experience of land 2D & 3D seismic data acquisition this will include, testing of acquisition parameters of dynamite and vibroseis crews and have some processing background to QC all in-field processing through a sequence which includes refraction statics (using first break on each seismic records in combination of near surface velocity information from up-hole times of shot holes or refraction profile or up-hole survey) .
- Responsible for complete technical and safety audit of all seismic crew's equipment provided by the seismic contractor before acceptance by the Company.
- Required to QC daily, weekly and monthly instrument tests to ensure that the instruments remain correctly calibrated.
- Ensure that all field data acquisition parameters are strictly adhered to and check observer's reports for accuracy and legibility.
- Verify that acquisition tests, if required, are done according to the proposed program and parameters and ensure a complete report is made on time.
- Ensure that all working practices are environmentally acceptable.
- Ensure all field and necessary support data is delivered to the processing centre as stated in the contract.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
More than 7 years experience in seismic operations. Geophysicist or equivalent qualifications. HSE Knowledge (Demonstrable) Strong Knowledge of seismic data processing, with knowledge of working in frozen environments and using both Vibroseis and Impulsive sources. Practical and social intelligence, team management skills, good communication & presentation techniques.
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
It would be of added advantage if seismic QC's have field experience of Saudi Arabia.