Citrix Engineer / Architect - SCCM - Microsoft - XenDesktop - XenApps - NetScaler - London
Citrix Engineer / Architect - SCCM - Microsoft - XenDesktop - XenApps - NetScaler - London required to work in a busy, professional environment for a large organisation on a permanent basis.
Montash are retained to work with one of the UK's leading companies who are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Citrix Engineer / Architect
Salary Range = £50,000 - £58,000 per Annum + Benefits.
Tasks the successful candidate will be completing will include:
- Design, delivery and evolution of the desktop and application platforms (XenDesktop/XenApp) against the architectural roadmap.
- Design, delivery and evolution of the Enterprise Mobility Management platforms (XenMobile) the architectural roadmap.
- Produce and maintain comprehensive documentation of the Virtualised Desktop estate including
- Topology representations.
- Low level documentation.
- Support and end user guides.
- Implementation of policies, procedures, and technologies as appropriate to ensure "baked in" Citrix system security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Provide extended technical support to the IT Operations and Corporate Network functions as necessary
- Collaborate with internal support staff, application developers, and system owners in the testing of applications, and interoperability with the Citrix infrastructure.
- Support the ongoing and future analysis of application usage and impact on Citrix infrastructure, network capacity and/or licensing.
- Maintenance and development of the XenApp and XenDesktop gold images
- Publishing of applications sequenced with App-V 5 through SCCM to the Citrix XenDesktop and XenApp Hosts.
- Define and publish policies and process for patching and remedial maintenance of Citrix estate and software updates.
- Participate in and support the planning and development of strategic goals for the company's Citrix infrastructure.
- Professional Citrix qualifications and experience of the following Citrix technologies:
- XenDesktop & XenApp 7.5 or newer
- Provisioning Services and Machine Creation Services
- User Profile Management
- NetScaler 10.5 (Gateway, Load Balancing and AAA profiles)
- Any Enterprise mobility solution experience will be a huge bonus.
- Experience of VMware, Hyper V, and/or other server virtualisation technologies.
- Good understanding of networking practices and networks to a level where communications with Network teams are highly productive.
- Good understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills .
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Windows 7.
- Strong SCCM experience and coming from a Microsoft background.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with XenMobile Enterprise or similar Enterprise Mobility Management products.
- Experience of working in a delivery or architecture role.
- Knowledge of Nutanix or similar Hyper converged appliances.
- Knowledge of Application packaging and virtualisation including App-V 5.
- Knowledge of SCCM for delivery of applications and updates of e-scale, mission-critical applications.
- VBScript and/or PowerShell.
- Experience of implementing/supporting Citrix farms across multiple data centres.
- Experience of monitoring tools specific to Citrix environments.
- Windows 10.