Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
Up to 65k per annum
Provide 2nd/3rd Line Citrix Infrastructure Support to the business. Develop, plan and implement the Citrix Infrastructure, capable of supporting remote access and VDI solutions. Implement changes to the IT infrastructure through change control.
- Establish and build Citrix expertise, designing and implementing a platform suitable to support 1200 VDI user base
- Implementation of changes based on change control around the business requirements.
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks in line with IT operating procedures.
- Ensure all IT service requests are responded to and resolved within the agreed SLA including resolution of escalated support issues.
- Ensure all IT service requests are logged and processed in line with the IT operating procedures.
- Identify reoccurring issues or tasks that can be automated or resolved without IT intervention.
- Develop and support implementation of Netscaler load balancing solution
- Provide expertise to tune and resolve performance issues on Bank applications published with Citrix
- Citrix Certified Expert or higher Citrix certification
- Supporting, maintain and troubleshooting Citrix infrastructures including identifying performance issues.
- Supporting and deploying XenApp 6.5 and above, including high availability
- Building, deploying and the support of a virtualised desktop infrastructure
- Working within change management processes.
- Supporting complex Active Directory implementation with multiple sites and forests.
- Windows Server 2008.2012
XenApp, provisioning services, virtualisation
- Active Directory
- Virtualization using VMware ESXi 5 and above
- Symantec Backup Exec
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Prioritisation skills to ensure planned, routine and responsive work is completed within deadlines.
- Enthusiastic "can do" attitude
- Accuracy & Attention to detail
- Professional, well presented
- Establishes effective working relationships at all levels
- Customer focused approach
- Good awareness of own strengths, weaknesses, and future aspirations
- Problem solving skills
- Permanent/37.5 hour week.
- Able to commute reliably to office base in Brentwood.
- Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
- Must have clean or near clean driving licence.
- Able to travel to client offices throughout UK including Glasgow, Dorking, Wisbech, West Mailing, Hounslow, and Commercial First sites in Skipton.