Cloud Consultant - 6 Month Contract
My client is a globally known Telecommunications Company based in Ireland and are looking for a Cloud Consultant who will have responsibilities in:
- Formulate technology strategies for Huawei's public cloud solutions; investigate and implement key technologies for Huawei public cloud operations.
- Build key capabilities on operation and maintenance (O&M) automation in Huawei public cloud and design industry-leading, highly-efficient, and cost-effective O&M automation systems for Huawei public cloud.
- Build DevOps capabilities for Huawei public cloud, such as optimizing organizations, designing processes, and developing core tools, so as to ensure a industry-leading competitiveness position for Huawei public cloud possesses in terms of development, launching, assurance, and optimization of new services.
- Be responsible for end-to-end availability and performance of Huawei of public cloud to ensure that users can experience close to 100% stable services in the event of fast product iteration.
- Participate in open source communities, standard organizations, and high-level customer communication in the public cloud operation field on behalf of Huawei and be responsible for the engagements of open source communities.
- To achieve the preceding objectives, participate in activities including but not limited to the following: technical strategy planning, architecture design and optimization, process design, tool design and development, root cause analysis of faults, and solution design.
The Cloud Consultant must have skills and experiences in:
- Demonstrated experience as a subject matter expert for site reliability architecture, DevOps, product operation, and technical assurance in well-known Internet/cloud service companies.
- In-depth knowledge and experiences with at least one industry-leading cloud technology, such as OpenStack, CloudStack, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- In-depth understanding on organizations, processes, and technology architectures related to cloud service operations in Internet companies.
- Being capable of working independently or leading a team to complete technology strategy planning tasks and key solution designs regarding to cloud service operation.
- Good knowledge of the technical fields related to the public cloud service such as network protocols and architecture, operating systems, and storage technologies.
- Proven hands-on development experience in open source projects that enables cloud and/or virtualization technologies.
- Problem solving ability and lateral thinking capability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel.
- Entrepreneurial thinking and work ethic
Qualifications for this Cloud Consultant are as followed:
- Sc./M.Sc.in computer science, engineering science, software engineering or similar relevant discipline;
- A minimum 10 years' experience in large-scale software design and development planning in the Internet/ IT fields
- A minimum 5 years' experience in operation experience as large-scale cloud service (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS) providers
- O&M architect experience with large-scale (more than 10,000 servers) Internet production systems
Cloud Consultant / Public Cloud Operations / Cloud Strategies / Cloud Management Solutions / OSS / BSS / Design / Software architecture / Telecommunications