Job title: Cloud Engineer
Salary: £53,000 - £60,000
Job type: Permanent
The Cloud Engineer is part of the team delivering the best Web experience for the customers of the organisation. You will help deliver the functions vision and strategy, and ensure that it is aligned with the business and IT strategies and all team members are aware of and focused on the same goals.
The individual will help maintain a large cloud platform estate within AWS (Amazon Web Services). Whilst managing the virtual platform and associated toolsets in addition to providing 3rd line support to live systems, applications and transactional websites.
Key skills and experience
- In depth knowledge of Linux fundamentals (Networking, file systems, security and the kernel)
- A strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking (Hardware, host-based routing, VLAN'S, firewalls and load balancing)
- Ability to carry out monitoring and performance metrics analysis
- Experience being on call in a 24X7 production environment
- Scripting and automation skills in Bash, Perl, Ruby and/or Python.
- Degree educated E.G. Computer science, information systems, engineering
- 3+ years of experience in IT infrastructure services/ related services
- 3 years of experience of RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu or Debian Linux experience
- Linux tools and programs: Syslog, SSH, NMAP, netstat, iostat, tcpdump, traceroute, etc.
- Some desirable experience with LAMP stack tools: Apache, nginx, MySQL, PHP, Varnish, Memcached, Tomcat and slapd
- Visualisation experience: EC2, ESX, Openstack
- AWS: EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, R53
- System configuration experience, ideally Puppet