Cloud Infrastructure Architect (£80k-£130k)
I am working with a Global Consultancy that is experiencing tremendous growths across Europe.
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most exciting projects across Europe. This will be a Senior Position within a renowned company where you can make a real different.
What we are looking for:
- Perform a technical leadership role in planning, development, implementation, maintenance, documentation, and support of a large, multi-petabyte, complex, storage environment.
- Collaborate with peers to share lessons learned, including providing subject matter expertise and thought leadership to the customer in the delivery of emerging technologies such as enterprise private and hybrid cloud solutions, Virtualization, VMware, OpenStack, cloud automation, 3rd platform applications, and overall IT transformation
- Actively participate and engage with peers to establish and drive consistent standards & methods by organizing all related delivery assets and enablers for global consumption and consistency
- This Senior Solution Architect job role also engages in key sales and delivery opportunities, working with the core account team, providing expertise in several areas including Virtualization, VMware, OpenStack, cloud automation, 3rd platform applications, and overall IT transformation
- The Senior Solution Architect is a self-motivated perpetual learner who is always looking for opportunities to expand their expertise and increase their impact and effectiveness across a broad range of technologies that enable the core mission of the client and the customer.
- Provide technical leadership for relevant emerging technologies at an enterprise level as a key member of a team for the client's largest and most complex customers.
- Represent the overall technical architecture for the client engagement to the customer's architecture leadership and executives to ensure the overall solutions is fully designed and integrated to meet the needs of the customer
- Offers insight based on complex customer engagements back into the Work Group & Discipline leads for consideration in further development of field enablement plans (e.g. training, learning paths, labs, shadowing, etc.).
- Providing technical leadership and the maintenance of the technical architectural design, strategies, and plans that will be delivered on an ongoing basis.
- Ongoing management of configuration and layout of the storage infrastructure.
- Performing necessary storage infrastructure maintenance in accordance with Client and customer change management policies.
- Designing data migration architecture as required.
- Providing analysis of the environment and best practice knowledge transfer.
- Responsibility for Run Book design, development, and ongoing updates.
- Responsibility for ongoing recommendations and best practices, as applicable, for the following areas: business continuity, high availability, backup, recovery and archiving.
- Responsibility for capacity planning as well as disaster recovery planning and design as applicable.
- Experience in architecture leadership that brings together and integrates solutions across multiple vendors (e.g. OpenStack, RSA, Pivotal, Xebia, Puppet, Brocade, Palo Alto, ServiceNow, Dell, VMWare)
- Cloud infrastructure (e.g. Converged or BYO for storage, compute, network)
- Private cloud architecture for resiliency inclusive of SDN/NFV, SDDC (Software Defined Storage and provisioning) custom workflows, automation, Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) capabilities, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS)
- Cloud architecture management and Orchestration integration
- Architecture for delivering customized Application/Platform as a service
- Technical architecture for chargeback/show back for service delivery
- Private cloud architecture for scale out & integration to public cloud
- 2+ years of Architecture and Integration, experience with open source technologies
- 5+ years IT experience with progressive responsibility and performance
- 5+ years leading or supporting IT Service Management or Service Oriented teams or organizations
- 5+ years translating business requirements to technical solutions
- 2+ years leading or supporting programs / projects that transform the relationship of Business or customers with Information Technology
- Experience preparing IT service roadmaps and maturity assessments
- Enterprise Architecture and Technology certifications are highly desired: OpenCA, CITA, EACOE, EMC, Cisco, Vmware, TOGAF, ITIL etc.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills - and must be flexible to travel across Europe.