Montash have been engaged by a Leading Global Investment Bank to source a Coaching and Improvement Consultant who has a solid background in working within IT Change and Transformation, and an IT Background in Banking & Financial Services.
You will be a member of the Quality, Learning and Coaching Team, who are responsible for delivering key quality, learning and coaching related projects across the business needs and IT Compliance objectives.
The role involves a range of Deployment Planning, Analysis, Coaching and Process Improvement activities. The role will involve close working with the IT Delivery Teams (Including Development and Production) and all other key stakeholders aross the organisation to deliver specified outcomes to scope, time, cost and quality.
What the Job will Involve
Support/Coach Application Domain Managers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Developers, and other IT team members (including Production Support) in implementing applicable policies, process and procedures - whilst balancing the needs and pressures of the specific context (team/programme/project.)
Address improvement points raised in collaboration with these stakeholders, other GM IT practitioners & IT Governance stakeholders to time, cost and quality.
Perform 1:1, group coaching, capability development for the following services (but not limited to):
- Quality Launch
- Project Launch
- Project Monitoring & Follow-Up
- How to think like a Project Manager
- Programme Manager Support
- Working with Agile on Projects
- Working with Vendor Integration Projects
The creation and maintenance of coaching related templates/tools/presentations in line with defined service definitions to support the IT coaching service and project lifecycle process.
- Process Improvement & Organisational Change Management
Support a transformation programme by working directly with local teams and the London programme manager to identify subject matter experts within the area across related subjects, with whom they will work to achieve agreed outcomes.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently and to present effectively to middle and senior management whilst maintaining constructive relationships at 'practitioner level' (PM, BA etc).
- Passionate and driven
- Exceptional facilitation skills
- Ability to influence successfully whilst communicating difficult messages
- Dynamic and fast thinking
- Strong problem solving skills
- Organised, Structured and methodical mind-set
- Ownership of work and commitment to delivery
- Team player
- Strong stakeholder management skills and good interpersonal skills
- Pragmatic and creative approach
- People focused
- Logical, methodical delivery manner and ability to prioritise workloads
- Educate on the process, skills and tools related to the practical application of the processes used to deliver IT change (e.g. project, programme, and test mgmt.)
- Support/Coach Application Domain Managers, Team Managers, Project Managers, and other IT team members (including Production Support) in implementing applicable standards.
- Provide 1:1 support to Programme and Project Managers in the practical application of the related processes and procedures to the reality of the context of their programme and/or project. Ensure appropriate use of the methodology and related tools
- Complete 'coaching card(s)' and/or related deliverables to track and monitor, with Project and Programme Manager(s), the deployment of applicable methodology, standards and working practices. Escalate any issues accordingly.
- Play a key role in analysing the existing project reporting process and tool to recommend improvements to strengthen the quality of project reporting within IT
- Support/Coach the implementation of the reporting changes to project teams
- Process Improvement
- Collection of Feedback from teams regarding existing practices and tools
- Actively and positively champion process change with Stakeholders
- Own and monitor progress of tasks and provide updates at related meetings
- Work closely with the GM IT Deployment SPOCs in London, and the QLC Learning team to ensure an ongoing personal understanding - to a high standard - of all methodology subjects and 'technical content'.
- Highlight any specific learning needs from London, in conjunction with the local IT Deployment SPOCs to the Quality, Learning & Coaching Team.
- IT Project Management
- Expectation Management
- Requirement Capturing
- Roadmap Definition and Maintenance
- Dependency Management
- Proficient Communication Skills (Oral, Written, Persuasive)
- Agile development environment (Scaled Agile, Prince 2/Agile)
- Project/Development Lifecycle integration and implementation
- IT Performance Management / Metrics expertise
- Service Management/Delivery Experience/Understanding.
Experience and Technical Skill
- Recognised Coaching accreditation
- Experience of defining and implementing Process Improvement
- Solid experience in IT change & transformation
- An IT background in Banking/Financial Services
- A strong track record of delivery within a structured project environment
- Full-lifecycle project management delivery
- Industry standard qualification/practical experience of ITIL, Lean/Six Sigma, Prince 2, Agile
- Industry standard qualification in Agile development and testing
- Specific exposure to investment banking technology platforms and processes would be advantageous e.g. Clearing, Trading, F2B, Murex
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Excel and Visio