An opportunity has arisen with a leading and world renowned FMCG organisation who are currently going through an extensive IT transformation. Having doubled in size twice in the last 10 years through a successful acquisition strategy the company has now embarked on a process of consolidating and rationalising its technology platforms globally, whilst maintaining its rapid growth rate.
As Commercial Manager you will play a core role in this shift from region/country based systems and vendors to global services and global vendors as part of the Vendor Management function within the emerging global IS organisation.
This is an exceptional and potentially career defining opportunity in which you will play a key part in transforming the operations of a FTSE-20 company with a presence in over 80 countries.
Key Purpose Statement
The primary function of Commercial Manager is manage commercial governance processes for a range of vendor categories.
- Support the Head of Commercial Management and Vendor Managers in commercial management and fulfilment
- Track the commercial governance related to billing/service credits
- Have a good knowledge of all IS categories, and may have deep specialist knowledge in one categoryBe responsible for the commercial and contractual elements of in-life contractual change (RFS, CCN, CR etc)
This role is responsible for acting as the single point of contact and accountability for live 'Global' IS services delivered in 60+ countries and to 40,000 employees (directly/indirectly).
- Direct the Vendor Manager in commercial management and fulfilment activities
- Manage and coordinate fulfilment including managing billing/service credits and invoice payment
- Track the commercial governance related to billing/service credits and invoice payment processes
- Manage commercial negotiations and issue resolution with vendors
- Act as the primary commercial point-of-contact for global IS vendors
- Establish strong mutually respectful relationship with vendors, Procurement and the IS Vendor Managers Finance, Legal, and IS Global domain leads
- Participate in on-going issue remediation and dispute resolution. Escalate to Vendor Managers as appropriate
- Participate in contract negotiations/re-negotiations
- Manages & maintains commercial agreements with strategic global IS vendors, ensuring compliance to contracts
- Advise the Head of Commercial Management on issues that may impact the commercial performance of vendors
- Facilitate the deployment of IS vendor management best practices globally and regionally
- Maintain and manage commercial management process frameworks for interactions and integration with the vendors
- Act as the point of accountability for the escalation and arbitration for commercial issues with vendors
- Helps establish common goals and drives communication between the parties
- Day to day co-ordination of commercial management, working closely with the Vendor Managers
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Bachelors' degree in IT or a business discipline (Finance or Law are particularly appropriate)
- Significant and demonstrable experience in a complex commercial management environment
- Significant and demonstrable experience and understanding of the legal aspects contained within outsourced vendor contracts
- Significant and demonstrable experience in risk identification, management and mitigation in a complex, global commercial management environment.
- Strong relationship and interpersonal skills to be applied in working with vendors across the entire contract life cycle
- Understanding of best practices and the methodologies and processes used for the commercial management of IS vendors
- Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes
- Knowledge of market trends in contract and pricing models
- Significant experience in managing multi-vendor contracts on a global scale
- Substantial experience leading a support function in a complex multi stakeholder environment
- Experience leading and working with individuals and teams from diverse cultures
If this exceptional opportunity is of interest please get in touch. Call Barty Isola on 02070140230 and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org