Consultant - NMS SDN NFV & Automation
£75k Base + Bonus + Car Allowance
An opportunity has arisen with a market leading multinational organisation working within the network solutions sector.
As a senior consultant you will provide post-sales Consulting delivery in the Professional Services Practice covering OSS (NMS), SDN/NFV & Automation solutions.
An ideal candidate would have experience in NMS, Automation, SDN/NFV, but training and on the job learning would be provided to develop skills in all 3 areas.
You would be required to:
- help provide technical scoping of projects, engagement planning
- develop and maintain an expertise in the relevant products deployed within customers networks and ensure that a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained with customers
- deliver PoCs/Demos, Design, Deployment, Configuration, Customisation, Testing and Training
- ensure the effective delivery of the product, and configuring or customising it to meet the customer's requirements
- clearly outline the products capabilities, consult with the customer to understand and document their requirements, shape, define and agree designs, implement the solution involving the product, and configuring it into the customer environment, using technical and personal skills to achieve this objective
Main Responsibilities include:
- Work in a consultative manner to deliver NMS/OSS, SDN/NFV & Automation solutions into Customers
- Follow the engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the Project Manager
- Personal on-site and/or remote delivery of Professional Services including creation of high level and detailed design documentation, migration planning, product integration and acceptance
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customers technical teams
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of the products
- Regular feedback of product requirements and performance to internal groups including engineering, consulting and product management
Technical Skills Needed
- Ideal - Junos Space, SLAX/Junos Automation, Junos (awareness not expertise), Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Essential - Unix, scripting (eg Perl, Python), programming skills, EMS/NMS & integration into OSS/IT
- 6-10 years experience in delivering NMS solutions and integration into OSS/BSS/IT in Service Providers and/or Enterprise customers
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer-facing/Consulting role
Telecoms Domain Knowledge Desired
- Best-Practice Service Provider operations, processes and standards (i.e. TMF, 3GPP)
- Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance and Security; Inventory, Assurance, Fulfilment/ Provisioning and Billing.
- Bespoke and commercial/ISV systems, their development, customisation and integration
Personal Skills/Attributes Sought
- Experience of designing and implementing NMS and OSS/BSS/IT solutions is essential.
- Proven capability to effectively transfer knowledge to customer technical teams, both through formal and informal training.
- Effective planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, able to work on multiple projects.
Location, Language and Travel
- English language essential, and other language skills a bonus
- Candidate can be home-based, but expect to work with colleagues remotely for periods, and could be onsite with customers potentially up to 60% of the time (UK based)
If this excellent opportunity is of interest please get in touch. Email your CV to email@example.com or call Barty Isola on 02070140230.