Role: Cyber Security Technical Support
Location: London or Bristol
Salary: £55K for Bristol and £70K for London
Skills: Cyber Security, CISSP or CISM, ISMS, Governance, ISO, ISF, Cobit,
Purpose of the Role
You will work closely with the Security Engagement leads to provide technical and non-technical support. You will be responsible for day-to-day information risk consultancy, IT security, ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company's data assets and supporting infrastructure to an agreed framework of controls. You will also be supporting and working closely with IT, business partners, senior management and external partners to provide IT security design consultancy, expertise to the company projects, programmes, BAU activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supporting the CISO Business Lead with technical expertise in Cyber Security and IT
- Promoting good security practice with our partners
- Supporting projects with Cyber Security input
- Timely and accurate management findings ensuring risk have relevant remediation plans or risk acceptances
- Supporting training and awareness activities within your market
- Creation of materials to summarise particular risks with clear options and recommendations, for use with the business portfolio
- CISSP and/or CISM
- MSc or Degree in IT/Information Security
- You will need to establish tight-knit relationships and have an excellent ability to influence and apply pragmatism whilst meeting contending demands
- Broad experience of security management concepts built up over a number of years in dedicated technical and security operations and / or management roles.
- In-depth knowledge of governance processes and practices, including ISMS monitoring and control frameworks such as, ISO, ISF and COBIT, their relationships to other frameworks and the application within a financial services environment or other highly regulated industry.
- Deep understanding of Secure Development Lifecycles and their application in an agile environment.
- Good understanding of security architecture principles and processes.
- Good knowledge of IT Operations procedures and industry standard
- Excellent internal and external partner management.
- Excellent influencing, negotiating and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Focussed and organised mind-set
- Actively seeks opportunities to develop knowledge and experience, internally and externally
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to handle a demanding and variable workload with tight deadlines