My client an a global E-commerce company are currently looking for a Technical architect - big data to join their established team.
This is a great opportunity to join a team of high-quality, innovative and like-minded people, who are driving the development of compelling cloud based solutions to leapfrog my clients capabilities in the Analytics, Reporting and Personalised Marketing.
What's the role?
With a large investment into a Hadoop big data platform and with a huge amount of interesting data this is the chance for you to come and be part of an exciting transformation in the way my client stores, analyses and use data in a fast paced organisation.
You will join as a Technical Architect providing technical leadership to a data engineering team. You will play a major role in adhering to big data best practices whilst building and maintaining reliable data pipelines and products across a range of exciting projects. Bringing a wealth of technical experience in big data platforms combined with excellent skills in development. This role will support the business on the journey from a greenfield big data estate to a mature data lead organisation.
What we're looking for:
- Familiarity in a Unix environment and comfortable with shell-scripting, and ideally competent hands-on experience with Spark, Python, Hive, Impala.
- Stakeholder management skills at leadership level.
- Take ownership of solutions and have experience in presenting them at architecture boards.
- Desirable of working in an environment with these Big data technologies (HDFS, Spark, Hive, Impala, Kudu, Python, Oozie, Flume, Kafka) and (OLTP and Data Warehousing) - within SQL server or other RDBMS's. (SQL server).
- Methodical, logical and flexible in approach, you will have gained significant experience as a Technical Architect
- Up to date knowledge of data and analytical technical domain.
- Good understanding of software best practices, including design principles & patterns, security and performance.
- Ability to explain complex technical information in business terms.
- Experience of working in a technology-based role and interfacing to a varied number of internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of analysis and development techniques e.g. SCRUM, Agile & Waterfall
If you are interested in the above please apply now.