Salary: £70,000 - 80,000 + Bonus + Benefits
An opportunity has arisen within one of the fastest growing companies in the US today. With increasing demand for their services in the UK and Europe they are growing their UK office and making key strategic hires to continue to expand their market presence. You can be a key part of this fast growing team of smart and passionate people, who have successfully built a world-class analytics and planning capability as well as a great place to work.
Currently, there is an opportunity for a Data Architect to play a key role in the UK team. You will be responsible for architecting, designing, developing and implementing high quality Analytics and Business Intelligence Solutions.
You will interact with key business groups to help define needs, and then translate those needs into customized solutions that deliver long-term value. You'll partner with clients to help them achieve success by working within their frameworks and technologies, or by delivering a framework and structure that's best suited for the client. You will focus on architecting and designing a solution as well as serve as a lead, managing the productivity of a development team.
- Architect and deliver end-to-end Analytic solutions that exceed customer expectations in content, usability, accuracy, reliability and performance
- Collaborate with business users and analyze user requirements.
- Research and evaluate potential technology solutions to meet business needs
- Conduct and lead white-boarding sessions, workshops, design sessions, and project meetings as needed, playing a key role in client relations
- Define technical solution approach and architecture for solving complex data management and transformation problems
- Ensure best practices and standards of DWH/BI solutions
- Lead developers in data integration, information presentation, and delivery
- Create functional and technical documentation related to Data Architecture and Business Intelligence solutions
- Work in complex environments while performing multiple activities on concurrent development projects and existing production processes
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or foreign degree equivalent.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in Business Intelligence, Data, and Database architecting, designing, developing, testing and implementing
- Experience in foundational Data Management domains (Master Data Management, Data Governance, and Data Integration)
- 3+ years of experience with more than 1 BI tools such as Birst/Tableau/QlikView/Cognos (Birst knowledge a plus)
- 3+ years of experience with more than 1 Data Integration tools such as Informatica, SSIS, Python, Ab Initio
- 3+ years of experience with more than 1 Database tools such as Oracle/SQL Server/Teradata/MySQL/DB2/Erwin
- 3+ years of experience leading BI/DW implementation teams
- Strong SQL and physical data modeling skills
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written/oral communication and presentation/interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Preferred experience also includes:
- Experience with massively paralleled systems such as Hadoop stack, Teradata, Exadata, etc.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java or Python
- Knowledge of advanced data management & processing concepts such as partitioning and compression
If this excellent opportunity is of interest please get in touch. Call Barty Isola at Montash on 02070140230 OR email Barty@montash.com.
An competitive package is on the table for the right candidate!