Data Centre Solution Architect - up to €80,000 + bonus & benefits
**Please note that this position can be based in either Munich, Frankfurt or Hamburg**
I am currently working with a Global Consultancy that has recently secured a number of exciting projects.
By joining my client, you can turn your innovative ideas into world class solutions for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With global reach and deep technical experience, my client is big enough to keep you working with household names, but small enough for you to stand out and advance. Choose a career with my client and enjoy an environment where being challenged and rewarded is a part of daily life.
The Data Center Solutions Architect role is to strategically design and implements information systems and networked software architectures that support core organizational functions and ensure their availability. Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, VMware would be highly advantageous.
This individual will be tasked with evaluating, selecting and planning the implementation of new information system projects that support the Data Center Consolidation Initiative. The Data Center Solutions Architect will provide technical leadership across data center technologies, from documentation, strategic decision making and project planning standpoint.
Lead the execution of an enterprise level Data Center Consolidation effort according to the following provided deliverables:
· Data Center Consolidation Work Breakdown Structure
· Server, Storage, Network (i.e. Asset) "From-To" playbook (From = Source DC, To=Target DC)
· Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
· Researches, designs, and develops Data Center Solutions including Systems, Networking, Storage, IA, and EMS for large scale, multi-site solutions.
· Expert in current industry Data Center capabilities and functionality including; consolidation, virtualization (systems, storage and networking), applications virtualization, and cloud design.
o Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications as well as be most cost effective. Evaluating and documenting Data Center design and consolidation alternatives, and Cloud design alternatives and qualifying efficiency and cost effectiveness.
o Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods and models and develops cost projections.
o Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
o Conduct trade off analysis to identify cost effective means to staff and operate designed services. Performs systems modelling, simulation, and analysis.
o Perform Client Assessment. Must be able to collaborate with key stakeholders assessing a client's As-Is environment, construct a To-Be vision based on strategic goals, and a road-map to achieve the To-Be vision based on a Cloud services scalability
o Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
o Identify mechanisms to efficiently transition customers from legacy solutions to system solution designs being proposed without loss of service.
o Can serve as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
· Maintain documentation and procedural standards for project deliverables.
· Provide high-level and detailed consultative solutions,
· Understand business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
· Create, present and document technical solutions. Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers
· Measure and evaluate progress against the project plan
· Resolve deviations from the project plan.
· Perform issue management and tracking.
· Leads development of the Service Delivery CONOPS for Data Center Consolidation Solutions.
In order to quality for this role you MUST be able to speak German at least C1 level or higher.