Data Communications Network Engineer
£40,000 - £47,000
Montash are currently retained by a global telecommunications company seeking a Data Communications Network Engineer. In this new role you will primarily provide DCN support for Global Express (GX) and Service Enablement Platform (SEP) networks.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement and operate the Site LAN Infrastructure (SLI) for the GX and Gilat systems at the various sites.
- Provide first level support for DCN activities and manage any open issues to a conclusion.
- As part of the team participate in producing and reviewing design, test and operational documents
- Liaising with the key stakeholders, procure, test and implement the DCN expansion, upgrades and bug fixes as required.
- Provide first level support for DCN activities and participate in producing and reviewing design, test and operational documents.
- Ensure all network devices that are under the group are pro-actively monitored.
- Ensure all documentation is kept updated
- As part of the team participate in the daily monitoring of DCN and investigation of any issues to a conclusion
- Provide support on DCN related issues to Network Operation Centre (NOC), Satellite Access Station (SAS) sites, Distribution Partners (DPs)/ Value Added Resellers (VARs) and third partie
- General User support for DCN related issues
- Be part of the team that provides on-call support for the GX DCN
- Provide leadership to junior members of the team
- Network / System Troubleshooting as required.
- Other general duties as required
- The post will require some travel to the clients remote offices, and work during maintenance windows.
Essential knowledge and skills:
- University degree level education or equivalent in Computer Science / Data Communications.
- CCNP/CCIP/CCSP or equivalent level of expertise on routers, switches and network design and technologies obtained in network and security related roles
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience of working in a network environment configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting Cisco routers, switches and firewalls and monitoring devices to an advanced level
- Proven expert in configuring Cisco switches (desktops to Nexus); Routers (ISRs to ASR); ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- In-depth knowledge and proven application of routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP) in larger networks with high availability
- Knowledge and understanding of the working and operation of MBGP, MPLS VPNs, L3 VPN's, VPLS, L2 tunnels over MPLS, Traffic Engineering, Inter AS VPN's, Carrier to Carrier MPLS
- Experience in designing, implementing and monitoring Secure Networks
- Generally proficient in Windows and Linux / Solaris computer systems to systems administrator level with scripting knowledge
- Fluent with Microsoft Office components especially Visio
- Experienced in configuring network monitoring tools like Orion, Cacti and HP OpenView would be advantageous
- Knowledge of ancillary network tools like Radius, DNS and other monitoring / troubleshooting tools like Wireshark would be advantageous
- Willingness to learn new skills and be self-motivated
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and show flexibility
- A co-operative but assertive personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
If this opportunity is of interest and this sounds like a role for you, please contact Ellie White at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0207 014 0230.