We are working with a global organisation based in Berlin who are looking for a Data Engineer for a large scale project.
This is an initial 9 month contract with potential of extension.
Please find a description of the position available:
Senior Database Engineer
* Design and development of Database and Datawarehouse solutions using Redshift, Postgres, ETL tools and other auxiliary technologies.
* Realizing highly scalable, high-volume big data solutions from conception and design, to implementation in AWS Cloud.
* Developing high volume data processing ETL components for data extraction, transformation and loading.
* Follow coding and naming standards
* Participate in daily standup meetings and become member of a scrum team
* Documentation of ETL components and database / data warehouse implementation in Confluence / GitLab
* Implement best practices, standards and procedures including quality and delivery methodologies
3 - 5+ years of active big data development, preferred Amazon Redshift or comparable ie Teradata
3 - 5+ years datawarehouse design and development.
3 - 5+ years expertise in ETL tools as Talend / Informatica
Good working experience on collaborating with backend developers, provide data services for them
Working experience with tools like Gitlab/Jenkins/Jira/Confluence