Data Integration Senior Software Engineer
Salary: £50k - £60k + Excellent Package
Key words: Senior Software Engineer / Senior Ab Initio Developer / Developer / Senior Software Developer / Data Integration / ETL / AbInitio / Ab Initio / IBM Data Power/ IBM Datastage / IBM IIB (Message broker) / ETL Developer / Team Lead
An excellent opportunity has arisen in a globally recognisable Financial Services organisation. A market leader in its sector, this presents a unique opportunity to become part of a dynamic team involved in software development projects throughout a multinational and pioneering organisation.
As part of the Data Integration Development team, you will oversee the design and development of the company's systems responsible for transporting and transforming data between applications. You will lead the design and development of the integration aspects of projects and of elements of applications which require data transformation and integration, taking on a strategic position and shaping the future data integration strategy moving forwards.
- Responsible for design, development, unit testing and delivery of complex information systems from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well engineered result.
- Leads in Design and Code Review activities and ensures adherence to Secure Code and Coding Standards
- Advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications relevant to own specialism and can make appropriate choices from alternatives. Proposes and champions improvements to strategies, standards, methods and tools.
- Provide direction and guidance on all technical aspects of the development of, and modifications to the company's integration platforms to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned systems and IT infrastructure remain compatible.
- Provide estimates based on knowledge of the existing systems, technical expertise or experience from delivering similar projects in the past.
- Researches, analyses and diagnoses problems and issues for Test or Operations
Key Skills and Experience
- Deep and demonstrable experience of personally designing and developing multiple large scale integration projects using one or more of Ab Initio, IBM Data Power, IBM IIB (Message broker)
- Wide experience of information system development methods, techniques, tools & standards
- Experience of working within major corporate or government IT environments where good governance and quality frameworks are in place
- Experienced in the technical leadership of application development projects and evidence of having mentored technical resources
- Excellent overall knowledge of a broad range of relevant technology and technology trends
- Skilled in articulating business benefit and impact of complex technology topics
- Strong influencing, communication and presentation skills
- Strong logical and analytical problem solving skills
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative within their area of responsibility
If this excellent opportunity is of interest then please contact Barty Isola on 02070140230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key words: Senior Software Engineer / Developer / Senior Software Developer / Data Integration / ETL / AbInitio / Ab Initio / IBM Data Power/ IBM Datastage / IBM IIB (Message broker) / ETL Developer / Team Lead