Montash have been engaged by a Global Financial Services Organisation to source and secure a Data Scientist to join their in-house analytics team. The successful candidate will be highly experienced in statistical, mathematical and predictive modelling as well as a range of tools including Hadoop, Python and R.
- You will manage and lead a team to deliver on-going insight generation / value delivery from data held within a Hadoop-based platform
- Create visualisations to aid in the understanding and communication of data outcomes in addressing business problems / opportunities
- Communicate findings to both business and IT stakeholders
- Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- MSc in an appropriately mathematical discipline
- 5+ years' experience working with large amounts data.
- Able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Programming skills in languages such as R, Java, Pig, SQL, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce
- Knowledge of statistical/probability modelling, trend/pattern recognition, uncertainty modelling, forecasting/projections, predictive analytics, etc.
This is an urgent requirement for a Data Scientist to join a Global Financial Services Organisation, please submit your CV for a confidential conversation.
Key Skills: "Data Scientist" / "Data Analyst" / "Analytics" / "Data Analysis" / "Hadoop" / "Big Data" / "Python" / "SQL" / "Hadoop" / "Teradata" / "R" / "Predictive Modelling" / "Hive" / "pig" / "java" / "MapReduce"