Role: Data Scientist
Salary: £50-65K + bens
Skills: Python, R, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, Physics, Maths, Degree, PhD
The Data Scientist will research, develop, and evaluate methods and technologies for analysing and deriving value from the companies technical and business data. They will do this by combining advanced mathematics and computational methods with a strong commercial focus. The successful candidate will be involved in the company's growing advanced data analytics provision with the opportunity to make a big impact within the business.
Key results/Outputs and deliverables
- Develop new commercial data-driven products
- Enhance current data initiatives to maximise their benefit to the company
- Create and develop new algorithms for the analysis of large data sets
- Develop extraction and analysis techniques using a variety of computing methodologies and languages
- Create simple solutions for extremely complex and challenging problems.
Professional skills, background and profile
The ideal candidate would have a real interest and enthusiasm for working with the latest technology within a highly motivated team. You will bring fresh and exciting ideas to the role and have a very inquisitive and analytical mind. You also need to have the ability to work as part of a team as well as being self-motivated.
- Ideally with commercial experience in a similar role (in addition to any research / postdoc positions)
- Have proven commercial experience of delivering data projects that have made a measurable impact to the business (e.g. direct revenue increase, saving on P&L, efficiency etc.)
- Have a strong business acumen and is able to communicate findings and recommendations across the organisations leadership structure
- Advanced skills in statistical, mathematical and predictive modelling as well as business strategy skills to find the right answers
- Skills in mathematical / technical computing software e.g. R
- Wider programming/database experience (e.g. Java, C++, SQL etc.)
- Good understanding of Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent academic background including a degree (BSc/or equivalent) in a computing-related or other numerate subject such as Computer Science, IT, Physics or Maths.
- An interest and enthusiasm in computers and emerging technologies
- An exceptional talent for problem solving and logical reasoning
- Ability to think laterally and look beyond the obvious
If you have been performing the above and possess excellent communication skills aplly NOW!!!