Data Scientist - up to £55,000 + bonus & benefits
I am currently working with an established Fintech Company that is experiencing tremendous growth, and are currently one of the most successful in Europe.
They are currently seeking a Data Scientist to join their team. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will be adept at working directly with functional leaders to gather requirements, present results, and give recommendations. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a business or functional area. We are seeking someone that would be able to provide insights into their portfolio.
If you're accustomed to working in Data driven environments that are customer focused, and are looking for an environment where you can further your career, this is the role for you.
Success in this role means ability to understand business requirements, compiling analysis questions, define data and visualization requirements and crisp story telling of the insight.
You are naturally a curious problem solver with a passion for efficiency and execution excellence. In this role, you will coach and mentor junior employees in the data scientist team and raise the bar for the team.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Assembles data sets from disparate sources and analyzes using appropriate quantitative methodologies, computational frameworks and systems.
- Experience in developing insights on customer experience, customer journey and retention activity that ultimately drive growth
- Good programming skills: Python, SQL, R, SAS
- Experience with AWS tools are a big plus
- Proficiency in using query languages such as Hive, Pig
- Experience working with APIs
- Focus in engineering, mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, economics, operations research or related field; graduate or post-graduate degree a plus
- Ability to rapidly prototype and iterate on vague and quickly changing requirements
- Must be a team-player and be able to work closely with technical teams and business users
- Ability to communicate effectively with Sr. Managers, Directors, VPs across the entire business enterprise.