An opportunity has arisen for a Senior DW/BI Consultant. This is an excellent opportunity to work with industry leading organisations including financial organisations such as HSBC as well as tech giants like Apple.
The Solution Architect is a critical member of the team and supports both the pre and post sales efforts. This includes analysing a customer's business and technical requirements and taking the lead in translating those requirements and strategies into feasible products, solutions, and services. The consultant will thoroughly understand the client's information technology infrastructure and serve as the key link between business needs and technology enablers. This role must ensure that solutions are business enabling and technically innovative, ensure improved ROI, and identify additional uses for the client's investment in the data warehouse, solutions, and services.
- Work within sales teams to generate new profitable business
- Gather and document client requirements and translate these into process and system architecture designs.
- Understand the client's business goals, IT plans and architecture and articulate linkage to the proposed data warehouse architecture and application designs.
- Define an enterprise blueprint and time-phased roadmap for enabling the business to realise their vision.
- Be a trusted advisor to the client's decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in data warehouse technology, CRM, or other areas related to solution offerings.
- Work with project managers to scope projects and develop statements of work, project plans, and risk analysis.
- Provide technical thought leadership and actively participate in the application design, implementation, and roll-out efforts.
- Broad technical expertise combined with business acumen.
- Ability to translate business needs into Enterprise Architecture requirements.
- Solid understanding of data warehouse applications, enterprise architectures, solutions, and technologies.
- In depth industry experience from one or more industries.
- Understanding of the client's business domain e.g. CRM process, supply chain.
- Strong client interaction, communication, and consulting skills. Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions.