Database Administrator - DBA - Oracle - MS SQL Server - Storage - Unix - London
Database Administrator - DBA - Oracle - MS SQL Server - Storage - Unix - London required to work in a busy, professional environment for a large organisation on a permanent basis.
Montash are retained to work with one of the UK's leading companies who are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Database Administrator.
Salary Range = £50,000 - £55,000 per Annum + Benefits.
Tasks they will be completing will include:
- To provide support and maintenance to Inmarsat's existing estate of Oracle, MS SQL Server and other database products that underpin a wide array of business systems.
- To provide database administration support to projects through all phases of
- To provide development support to the various delivery teams across the group including optimisation of SQL code.
- To monitor database performance and in conjunction with server and storage colleagues and implement measures to ensure optimal performance particularly on production databases.
- To maintain and implement real time error monitoring of all databases
- To maintain and implement capacity planning
- Support and evolve the data protection regime comprising Backup and DR provision.
- To provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a rota.
To mentor non-DBA colleagues in the system services and other BAU teams to reduce reliance on DBA resource for BAU database operational tasks.
- 5+ years as a production DBA with deep knowledge of both Oracle (> 10g) & Experience with MS SQL Server version 2008 R2 and above
- Knowledge and practical experience of working as a DBA in the following environments:
- Solaris (Zones/ZFS), Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of enterprise Storage fundamentals (SAN & NAS) in a DBA context
- Experience of database clustering technologies, in particular Oracle Solaris Cluster and SQL Server clustering/mirroring.
- Good knowledge of implementing and maintaining backup strategies using RMAN.
- Experience of implementing and testing database DR strategies.
Experience of Oracle Enterprise Manager
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with the Oracle Exadata platform
- Experience with Oracle RAC
- Experience with VMWare technology
- Experience of implementing database backups using VERITAS NetBackup
- Experience of monitoring tools including Nagios and SolarWinds DPA
- Knowledge of PL/SQL or other DBA development tools
- Knowledge and experience of formal business operations procedures (e.g. ITIL)