Montash have been engaged by a Financial Services Company to source a Database and Virtualisation Engineer with migration experience for a 6 month contract in Coventry. This role is paying up to £350 per day. Please note that this role will be working through a global consultancy.
The role is working on a Migration to Hybrid Cloud Project. The person will be working within a sub-project team focussed on the migration of a number of Applications.
What you will be doing
- Confirm migration wave plan and grouping with Client and support Client Change Management process
- Create MDD (Migration Design Document) for each move group
- Migrate the applications and data based on various migration methods (P2V, V2V, lift and shift, build from scratch, backup and restore, Platespin etc)
- Coordinate migration activity with 3rd parties, Client support team, Application Owners and Business Owners
- Testing (As per agreed scope)
- Early Life Support for migrated applications
-Broad understanding of a range of technical platforms including Windows, Solaris and Linux and able to develop solution architectures for applications on these platforms.
- Good networking skills understanding of application interoperability network flows for specification of firewall rules and so on.
- Data Migration Skills for planning database migration for SQL Server and Oracle Databases
- Knowledge of VMWARE and virtualisation tools to help with the migration. We are also planning on using Platespin.
- Similar knowledge of the Oracle Virtual Manager and specification of Solaris environments.
- Understanding of AWS and the configuration of EC2 instances, AWS networking concepts (VPC peering, Security Groups and NACLs).
- Experience of similar migrations and managing the risk to live service during application cutover and go-live.