Database Developer - 12 month contract - Brussels - €350-€400
Role: Database Developer
Duration: 12 months
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Montash have just secured a partnership with one of Europe's leading development houses for a large-scale programme which will see them bringing in over 20 contract resources before Xmas this year and more headcount next. To apply for any of these roles you MUST be an EU citizen and able to commit to a minimum of 12 months.
SPECIFIC ASPECTS OF THE ROLE:
- Design, implementation and maintenance of database layer of multi-tiers applications
- Data analysis, data modelling - Development and maintenance of database stored procedures/packages
- Database configuration and optimisation AND Database integration with applications
- Execution of database test programs
- Define and integrate of database components - Physical database design
- Writing of technical documentation
- Assistance with deployment and configuration of the Database
- Participation in meetings with project teams
- Vast experience of ORACLE 11g (advanced features for developers and administration) and SQL & PL/SQL (development and tuning)
- Knowledge of TOAD for Oracle and its advanced features (debugging, profiling, etc.).
- Good knowledge of UNIX-like shell, data modelling techniques (e.g. ERD) and tools (Oracle*Designer) and UML and RUP and application development environments
- Design and development of web and multi-tier web applications
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application developments Due to the nature of a large international organisation such as the European Commission, candidates should also have the following nontechnical skills:
- Ability to participate in multilingual meetings
- Ability to understand, speak and write French and English (C1/C2)
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment, on a large project As the applications managed and maintained in DIGIT.B.3 contain personal and confidential data, a high degree of discretion and integrity is required from all our staff members. 1.3. Education and Experience
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience with DB modelling tools 1.4. Specific expertise Minimum 12 years of experience with Oracle RDBMS and 8 years with SQL and PL/SQL. 4. WORK ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS
- The work will be carried on the Commission's premises in Brussels.
- The methodology used for development is based on Standard RUP@EC, Agile RUP@EC, PM2 (PM Square) or BPM@EC.
- The tool used for database design is Oracle Designer.
- The technical environment is based on Oracle 11g and Weblogic 12.
- Eclipse is used as Java development environment.
- RTC or JIRA is used for source control and activity tracking.
- RFT and Selenium are used for functional testing
- Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox are the web browsers.
To apply for this job, please forward your CV to email@example.com or call me directly on 0208-017-7766