Desktop and Server Support Engineer
Montash has been retained by an international Financial Services to source for a Desktop Support Engineer for their growing team.
You'll be responsible for providing technical support to the business as well as handling service requests for the end user - both Desktop Support and Server Support.
You'll be part of a team that works across 2 locations but this role is based in London. There may be an expectation to travel to Bury St Edmund's a couple of times a year.
- Hands on Desktop Support experience in a commercial, predominantly Microsoft environment.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Windows 7 and the entire Microsoft Office 2013 suite.
- Fundamentals of MS Server administration, build and maintenance, including Server 2012 R2, Exchange Online and Office365.
- Knowledge of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or comparable enterprise desktop imaging and software deployment platform.
- In-depth understanding of Windows based PC hardware, software and peripherals.
- Experience working with group policy (GPO).
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Practical experience using virtualisation/hypervisor technologies.
- Required Minimum 3 years working in Exchange and Active Directory environments
- Fluency with appropriate administration tools and consoles (MMC)
- Basic knowledge of scripting and automation tools including Powershell, Batch and VBS
- Microsoft MCSE, MCSA or MCITP Certification, though other recognised qualifications would also be of interest.
- ITIL V3 Certification
- Helpful experiences include: Professional experience in Lending or Financial Services, E-Commerce, or Dev/Ops environments.
- Experience with VOIP desktop client support and administration (Softphone)
- Functional knowledge of LAN/WAN.
- Virtualization - Citrix Xen, VMWare
- Experience supporting MacOSX hardware and software.
If you are interested in this role - please apply now.