My client, a global unified communications company are looking for a desktop support engineer to join there established team. You will get a great working environment with the opportunity to learn new skills and progress your career.
Supporting all general user IT for the business (around seventy users). This includes all laptops, desktops, and telephony as well as user account management and office environment.
Responsible for maintenance and improvements of core infrastructure supporting user IT services.
The IT Support Engineer must have a keen interest in technology, an appetite for knowledge, use their own initiative to solve problems and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Troubleshooting and resolving user IT issues
- Specifying, procuring, building and maintenance of laptops, desktops, tablets, and mobile phones
- User management on all core systems, including regular user reviews and reporting
- Carrying out New Starter and Leavers processes
- Identifying IT and infrastructure areas requiring improvement, proposing and delivering on resultant projects
- Providing assistance to Hosted Voice team for customer deployments and configuration
- Good, positive representation of the Technical Operations team throughout the business
- Maintain adequate stock levels of general user IT supplies, printer toner, monitors, keyboards, mice, cables, etc
- Deliver great customer service with a can do attitude
- Ensuring functionality of video and presentation equipment in all meeting rooms and offices
- Working alongside other members of the operations team delivering on key projects
- Provisioning of IT equipment for workspaces eg phones, headsets, monitors, etc
- Windows Desktop 7 - 10
- Windows Server 2008 - 2012R2
- Active Directory including User Management, Group Policy, WSUS and ADFS/SAML
- Linux - ubuntu/debian preferred
- Applicable knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Experience in delivering face to face and remote support to users with very different levels of IT knowledge and competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience managing day to day work load, knowing when to prioritise and the ability to work self-sufficiently
- Good organisation and documentation skills
- Desire to learn new skills and apply them in the role
- Demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude towards sharing expertise and assisting others to learn
- Linux systems administration
If you are interested in the above, please apply.