Location - Coventry
Role - Development Manager
Salary - £50-65K + bens
You will be responsible for managing the team to meet the strategic direction for the software development function. The Development Manager will look for and then implement good practices - tools, techniques, policies and procedures ensuring a consistent approach across the development team.
The Development Manager will be responsible for the development team within IT, providing them with direction and guidance as well as plan and review team performance
The role comprises:
- Providing day to day management and guidance for the Digital software development team.
- Ensuring that the agreed policies, processes and standards for the team are monitored and reporting compliance with internal standards.
- Identifying any potential risks and issues and taking appropriate preventative steps. You will ensure that these are escalated in a timely manner to the appropriate stakeholders and/or decision making forum.
- Providing out of hours support as required to meet the business system's needs.
Maintaining contact with relevant 3rd parties ensuring the provision of high quality deliverables that meet the business and IT requirements
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of Agile programming methodologies
- Test Driven Development/Unit testing
- Test Automation
- Continuous Integration
- Source control repositories e.g. Git
- Software Oriented Architecture (REST/SOAP/HTTP Services)
- Software design patterns e.g. SOLID
If you possess the above and have excellent communication skills apply NOW!!!