Role: Development Manager
Salary: £70-90K + bens
Skills: java, Cucumber, Jenkins, RestAPI, Springboot, AWS, Development, Programmer,
As Development Manager you have many responsibilities, the primary one being the delivery of customer projects in parallel with the delivery of our product roadmap. Your goal is to deliver results to the business and do everything necessary to achieve this.
You will be managing a small internal development team (2) who focus on the development and maintenance of our core technology and tools, and an outsourced development team (6) who focus on delivering customer projects using our technology. To do this you need to make sure the development teams can work as efficiently as possible by setting clear goals, both short term and long term, and ensuring that nothing prevents them from doing their work. From the initial requirements gathering, to delivering the final application or product, each step is your responsibility.
You can, and should, delegate as much as you can, but be ready to check that things are being done as you want and be ready to jump in if they are not. You will report to the Delivery Manager but will be expected and empowered to prioritise work to:
- Correctly resource projects.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Constantly improve processes.
- Excellent solutions architecture, design and development skills using a range of technologies including:
- Java 8 (Spring)
- Micro-services (Spring Boot)
- Proven project management skills.
- Strong communication, organisation, leadership and delegation ability.
- Effective resource management across several projects.
- Relevant technical degree e.g. Computer Science
- At least 5 years commercial software development experience including some team management experience and accountability for overall project delivery
- Software project delivery
- Release Management and Deployment
- Ensure consistent solution designs across projects.
- Team Management
- Provide information, leadership and guidance as the relevant subject matter expert
- Development process improvement
- Work Package process improvements