Location - Edinburgh / Glasgow / Perth, Scotland
Salary - £43-83K + Bens + Bonus
Role - Development Manager / Head of Development
This role requires you to manage about 120 developers so only apply if you have managed large development teams.
Change, Operations, incident management, problem management, change management, Run, Stakeholder Management, Guidewire, Service manager, Programme manager, Delivery manager
- Develop and deliver technical strategy for scalable, high-quality platform services.
- Actively monitor and manage platform services, including delivery of technical platform changes.
- Drive development and delivery of resource strategy, capacity planning, cost and resource management for delivery of platform services (run and change).
- Drive compliance and adherence to Business Protection Controls and IT Standards.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Own technical platforms and accountable their long term integrity and maintainability.
- Identify, budget, plan and deliver technical activities to maintain technical platform assets.
- Plan and coordinate deployment, driving delivery of change to meet business needs
- Lead and develop a team of software engineers to support development and talent including supply and demand of permanent and GSP staff. This also includes sharing/placing resources in to feature teams.
- Manage and control resources and suppliers ensuring that supply and capability meets agreed commitments including engagement or engineering initiatives.
- Develop and drive platform strategy through operational innovation, using Platform CoE (eg tools, methods, ways of working, etc).
- Manage technical teams in the effective support, maintenance and improvement (otherwise known as 'Run') of a defined set of IT services and their underpinning applications.
- Accountable for service availability, incidents, problems, vulnerability removal, technical refreshes, disaster recovery, capacity and demand, performance.
- Increased speed to market whilst ensuring production service remains key priority throughout any improvement work.
- Enhanced customer experience and value through world-class release offerings and customer experience.
- Ability to deliver what our customers want when they want it within IT standards and appropriate governance.
Skills & Experience required:
- IT change or operations experience. This could include:
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Change management
- Experience of people management
- Matrix management experience of external resources such as Global Service Providers (GSP's) preferred
- Experience of working within the IT function of a large corporate organisation
- Experience within release services or IT delivery roles with an understanding of the challenges and constraints that come with the territory.
- Excellent technical and stakeholder management skills
- You should be a 'leader', who is willing and able to inspire, drive performance and challenge the norm