Montash are currently retained by a global organisation seeking a DevOps engineer.
DevOps Engineer (GX)
Practical experience building and configuring support tools including Linux server configuration, Linux System Administration, HA Linux configuration, Cluster Management.
- Familiarity with the Linux file system, DRBD, command-line tools, and commands
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) administration experience, preferably with PostgreSQL
- Experience in Isolating problems and troubleshooting websites and web server back-ends
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python and or Perl
- At least two years experience in software or computer system engineering managing Unix based system, terrestrial Internet Protocol (IP) or mobile communications network engineering.
- Operational or design experience in a telecommunications network operator or data centre.
- Degree level education in Computer science or engineering with work experience in a real-time on-call or operational support role in network management and diagnostics. Strong numeracy, written and verbal communication and analytical skills are expected.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of configuration and management of iDirect satellite networking equipment and SatManage NMS systems
- Familiarity with data centre, web application and storage area network technologies
- Expertise in open-source high-availability distributed software technologies, inter-process communications and protocol diagnostics
- Experience of configuring Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) call managers, SS7 protocol Converters.
- IP network configuration skills to Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or better with significant hands-on experience ideally from packet-level diagnostics through to application level configuration.
- Experience in Configuring Cisco routers and switches
- Experience in Cisco UCS Manager
- Some radio frequency systems knowledge would be highly beneficial
- Knowledge of Aeronautical Communications