You'll be working within the Technology Operations team to provide a scalable and stable platform, and our DevOps-style development teams will rely on your expertise to advise them. Challenges may vary from day-to-day, and you'll be expected to work on data centre hosts in addition to AWS.
The client uses continuous deployment/integration, and deploy to production numerous times per day. The working environment is collaborative and informal, and we need someone who can work well both delivering and explaining improvements.
- Extensive experience managing Linux servers
- Considerable AWS experience
- Experience building/maintaining platforms for significant scale web applications
- A collaborative and responsible work ethic
- An understanding of how to write clean, maintainable code
- Knowledge of at least one infrastructure automation software deeply (and have used it in production on scores of machines)
- Knowledge of at least one programming language deeply
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with service-oriented architectures
- Previous experience in a DevOps environment