Location: West Kensington
Role: DevOps Engineer
Salary: £50-60K + £6K on call (this will be one week in every 4)
Skills: AWS, Linux, Puppet, Python
Our client is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to be part of their multi-faceted DevOps team; responsible for building, optimising, maintaining and supporting their fully automated AWS environment. The role will work closely with the Development and QA teams on a mixture of new project implementations and supporting their existing platforms.
The successful candidate should possess commercial experience working in a DevOps environment, ideally from a development background with some infrastructure experience. You will have a desire to automate tasks where possible using cutting-edge technologies to help others be as efficient as possible.
Reporting to the Linux Platform Lead, your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of a close-knit team to build, maintain and optimise our fully automated AWS environments.
- Being a technical expert in the technologies adopted by the companyl.
- Leading project implementations that will empower other teams to work more efficiently.
- Developing and implementing smart technology choices that drive our business forward.
- Supporting a variety of systems, doing thorough RCA when required and ensuring one-time fixes are implemented.
- Building scalable cloud platforms, ideally in AWS (VPC, EC2, ELB, NAT, Elasticache, RDS, CloudFormation, Lambda, S3, etc.).
- Experience working with Puppet and Hiera for Configuration Management.
- Scripting expertise using Python. Exposure to the Fabric framework is an advantage.
- Familiarity with build and deployment with experience in developing Infrastructure as code/configuration.
- Experience of using Nagios and Check MK monitoring and alerting services for servers, applications and services.
- Experience developing LAMP stack applications (WordPress, Drupal and Moodle) using AWS.
- Proven experience utilising monitoring tools to drive performance improvements.
- Linux system administration (RedHat / CentOS).
- Confident development of code that adheres to development best practice, utilising tools such as Jenkins and Git to manage the process.
- Leading other team members to complete larger projects on time;
- A proven track record with at least two years of experience in a similar role
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Experience using agile principles, tools and techniques
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Confidence to lead at a variety of levels with the ability influence decisions based on best practise.
- Ability to learn quickly and share knowledge.
- Ability to prioritise workload to ensure that team targets are met.
If you posses the above and have excellent communication skills apply NOW!!!